Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Not exactly. Even if theres a ban its India and dark activities will go underground as the bans here are not stringent unlike other countries and always have their own loopholes either in the system or for the babus!
Moreover, shops will continue to sell at a premium or only a slightly single digit percent decline.
By the time actual good things happen we might already see 5xxx series! And who waits for 2+ yrs for an upgrade where he can marry and have kids!

Last edited:
Eventually, but not because of just the Indian government.
As per my understanding, only few coins will be banned (Most major ones like BTC, ETH are public so no ban, but rather this bill means it is officially legit now)
In very near period, some sellers and distributors might panic sell for a lower price, but then again will fade away.
Expect a crypto bullrun till feb like every year (Due to holiday season and cash flow in most of the world)

Some folks are even selling their used RTX2060 for 50k to 60k even while it's normally sold for 23k to 30k
Just see the difference because of this stupid bit coin mining.
I think this is all made up type of investment.
This is my opinion.

Now the only hope left for gamers is rptech india and selling their present cards for good sums to pay for what rptech is selling for msrp prices.
That's all.
I am unemployed man who depend on his parents for my monthly expenditure and if I ask my dad he will scold me so rptech is the only way now to get new cards.

In the same way AMD cards also should be sold by rptech but they are selling those like these fe editions of Nvidia.

So need to wait until then.

If mining gets banned then some gpus may hit 2nd hand market at slightly lower rate but then again there probably aren't many dedicated miners in India.
Price won't decrease though since other countries will continue to have shortage

aren't many dedicated miners in India
There are LOADS, don't worry.
If let's say mining/crypto exchanges get banned in India (very unlikely) literally thousands of used cards will hit the market.
Just like in 2018 crash, if that happens, you will see a lot of cards in used market. Some of them would be near the end of their life or past that (GTX 10X0 series and AMD RX 4XX, 5XX, Vega series) and lesser amounts of RTX 20 and GTX 16 series near end of their warranties.
Some of the 30 series cards highly used for mining would be out too.
Considering there are 3-4 generations of cards being used for mining currently, I believe if and when crypto mining goes down, used market will see a large amounts of cards for very cheap.
For example, I bought a Strix 1080TI (the miner had just RMA'd it so it still had its plastic peels and stuff) for 21K in Feb 2021 and that was just before we saw huge BTC and ETH bullrun where everyone jumped into mining.
So after the next crash, it will get even better than that. 1080TI for 22K, 1070 for 12K, 1660 Super for 12K, RTX 2060 for 18-20K, should be possible.
But all of this after the crypto does crash. Which seems unlikely for now. In 2018 the case was different, there was a HUGE crypto crash in India because RBI Basically banned every bank from transacting with any of the crypto exchanges (mostly Zebpay etc at that time). This is not going to happen this time.
Price won't decrease though since other countries will continue to have shortage
I don't think so. We saw a lot of 1080Tis for 25K and 1070s for 13K which is a lot lower than any other countries for their all time low prices as well. Indians generally don't sell to other country buyers, so for used market it is localized.

It's not gonna happen anytime soon. ETH has to crash under $1K for mining to be not really profitable. Same goes for BTC, under $20K.
Best bet is ETH 2.0/PoS when ETH mining won't be possible and that's anytime in Q1-2022, who knows if they delay it even further.

Best bet is ETH 2.0/PoS when ETH mining won't be possible and that's anytime in Q1-2022, who knows if they delay it even further.
Call me a pessimist, but I don't see that PoS happening anytime soon... They'll keep on delaying it to kingdom come, after all, it is free money right now (or atleast low effort money)..
And even it they do transition to PoS, some new altcoin will become the GPU mining heaven.
I will be stuck with my 970 for the foreseeable future...

And even it they do transition to PoS, some new altcoin will become the GPU mining heaven.
I will be stuck with my 970 for the foreseeable future...
They may delay it but after PoS the possibility of some other shitcoin to be as profitable as ETH is absolutely none right now. You see the market cap for any of the PoW coins other than ETH is no way near ETH.
If miners switch to such coins the profitability will not be sustainable at all. It won't even cover electricity costs. There's even a possibility of 51% attack on the blockchain of coin like ERGO.

So, no, there's no altcoin as of now.

If let's say mining/crypto exchanges get banned in India (very unlikely) literally thousands of used cards will hit the market.
Just like in 2018 crash, if that happens, you will see a lot of cards in used market. Some of them would be near the end of their life or past that (GTX 10X0 series and AMD RX 4XX, 5XX, Vega series) and lesser amounts of RTX 20 and GTX 16 series near end of their warranties.
Considering there are 3-4 generations of cards being used for mining currently, I believe if and when crypto mining goes down, used market will see a large amounts of cards for very cheap.
For example, I bought a Strix 1080TI (the miner had just RMA'd it so it still had its plastic peels and stuff) for 21K in Feb 2021 and that was just before we saw huge BTC and ETH bullrun where everyone jumped into mining.
So after the next crash, it will get even better than that. 1080TI for 22K, 1070 for 12K, 1660 Super for 12K, RTX 2060 for 18-20K, should be possible.
But all of this after the crypto does crash. Which seems unlikely for now. In 2018 the case was different, there was a HUGE crypto crash in India because RBI Basically banned every bank from transacting with any of the crypto exchanges (mostly Zebpay etc at that time). This is not going to happen this time.

I don't think so. We saw a lot of 1080Tis for 25K and 1070s for 13K which is a lot lower than any other countries for their all time low prices as well. Indians generally don't sell to other country buyers, so for used market it is localized.
You are probably right about it then
I have 0 knowledge of what happened in 2018, didn't really follow the hardware market closely.
And if there were good number of miners in 2018, then they would definitely be more now.

Since I am not at all knowledgeable about crypto, I will take your word for it.

But I still think that PoS might be a pipe dream, unless some crazy strict environment laws somehow bend tokens in that direction...
From what I know, it's the community that will decide whether POS becomes a thing or not.
Miners on the other hand are a very small part of this community.

So many things are banned yet people continue to do. So yeah unless bans are in effect and miners are raided on paper ban no use.

From last week I have noticed quite many For Sale listings of mining hardware especially GPUs in quantity like 10pcs, 20pcs, 50pcs etc.
Price was still very high because these are early birds fleeing the nest.

Was it just me or anyone else noticed this too?

Is this a start of an end of mining trend?
What might be the reasons?

From last week I have noticed quite many For Sale listings of mining hardware especially GPUs in quantity like 10pcs, 20pcs, 50pcs etc.

nope. they have stocks to sell so selling ...

Govt will put bill in ongoing parliament session, while it's all speculation so far but it's very likely that new law on crypto will ban mining in India among other things.
If that happens some GPUs will show up in 2nd hand market
Others may continue to mine and ignore ban, hard to say. I mean plenty of websites are banned in country too but people still visit them :D
Nothing will improve in first hand market though

I am talking about used mining rigs
Yes bro they are talking advantage of this scene and selling 10,16 series RX47 RX57 series cards which nobody is gonna buy next year once things settle down. Those are 2-3years heavily mined hardware :D not even worth 50% of the listing prices but still selling due to new miners trying to try mining!

Back