Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Is this a start of an end of mining trend?
What might be the reasons?
Yes I noticed that too. And yes it could be the start of the end.
But nobody can be sure yet. A few reasons I can list:
That crypto bill created some hype that mining/crypto was going to be banned. Some miners might have realized how volatile or fickle their earnings are, so to still be in profit they might be selling their rigs while they still get good money for their hardware.
Others might have seen the downward trend in BTC/ETH prices and just like you and me, might have thought it's better of to leave now than having to sell at fraction of a price later. Again, almost the same thing.

Yes mining profits will go down once 'the merge' finally happens in 3 months (hopefully) time. So better now than later I guess.

It could be a start of a flurry, only thing that can make it a flurry is continuous downward trend + hype of crash + better availability of LHR GPUs + patience from buyers (gamers) + better availability of consoles (results in lower number if potential buyers for GPUs and when miners see posts of people happy with their consoles and saying they don't care about GPUs, it creates a small feeling of fear in their minds, trust me) + more people selling their rigs + some influencers like Son of a Tech creating a video stating how entering the mining business now won't mean return of investment before ETH2.0) among other things.

All we can do is hope.

I don't know where to post this so I'll post it here.

Anybody who is looking for a low end/budget gpu or just looking for something temporary till the gpu prices come back to normal again can take a look at the Quadro T600.

I bought it and I'm pretty satisfied with its performance. It certainly performs a lot better than my gtx 960 that died recently and comes close to a gtx 1050 ti in most games.
The best thing is that its almost half the price of a 1050 ti at just 12.5k in some stores online. Some people are selling their old gtx 960 for 12k on TE which might not even last that long considering how old they are. Instead of that you can buy the quadro which comes with a 3 years warranty.

So anyone who is looking to buy a low end gpu which is actually somewhat worth its price currently can definitely go for Quadro T600.

I don't know where to post this so I'll post it here.

Anybody who is looking for a low end/budget gpu or just looking for something temporary till the gpu prices come back to normal again can take a look at the Quadro T600.

I bought it and I'm pretty satisfied with its performance. It certainly performs a lot better than my gtx 960 that died recently and comes close to a gtx 1050 ti in most games.
The best thing is that its almost half the price of a 1050 ti at just 12.5k in some stores online. Some people are selling their old gtx 960 for 12k on TE which might not even last that long considering how old they are. Instead of that you can buy the quadro which comes with a 3 years warranty.

So anyone who is looking to buy a low end gpu which is actually somewhat worth its price currently can definitely go for Quadro T600.

I myself have purchased it's little brother, the T400 for my secondary PC. I belive it can do much better than any 710 or 1030

Look at this f**c**r. At this point you can put 2lakh as selling price for a GTX 1060
Screenshot_20211205-172123.jpg

Yeah, POS has been delayed till Q2 end/Q3 beginning 2022. Probably this is to make more money or its just like extracting the very last drops of Juice from Lemon. Founder of Ether is a smart guy, imagine how it would have been if Bitcoin was not immune to GPU mining.

Yeah, POS has been delayed till Q2 end/Q3 beginning 2022. Probably this is to make more money or its just like extracting the very last drops of Juice from Lemon. Founder of Ether is a smart guy, imagine how it would have been if Bitcoin was not immune to GPU mining.
In Feb/March they will confirm, if it's ready it will be pushed so don't go about that. It can be live anytime between March-June 2022.

Slowly, we will have TE flooded with GPU and I can see them happening right now. People have started to sell the GPU - Panic sell maybe.
It's not panic selling, but I call smart selling. 10 series, 16 series RX old series and what not out of warranty or 2-3yr old cards are being flooded now which won't be selling at anywhere near 20-30% of the prices being quoted now. 3000series is still holding well but let's see till when it can be

Definitely not panic selling and most of us are not desperate enough to buy out of warranty cards at premium. We all have been waiting for almost 2yrs now so we will keep waiting unless something bad happens (like my existing 1060 dies suddenly... HOPE NOT :tearsofjoy: )
Fingers crossed :D. Few years ago, CPUs were very costly. Ryzen changed that, then the semiconductor shortage wiped the gains made in CPU. Hope this gets resolved soon. Good thing there won't be many GPU limit pushing games in next 1-2 years. Elder scrolls 6, RDR3(if it even gets made), GTA6 are far in the future. Till then, we can keep playing minesweeper and spider solitaire.

I left the hope of getting a rtx 3080 way long back. Rtx 3080ti don’t make sense with price point. Like I would rather throw that money in investment and get a better return. Leaving few nvidia specific games, amd is doing rock sold work with performance for me. More than enough to skip the generation from nvidia. Regardless if you get a chance for FE get it else spending more on the mining one or 3rd party is waste unless it’s utter necessity…
Fingers crossed :D. Few years ago, CPUs were very costly. Ryzen changed that, then the semiconductor shortage wiped the gains made in CPU. Hope this gets resolved soon. Good thing there won't be many GPU limit pushing games in next 1-2 years. Elder scrolls 6, RDR3(if it even gets made), GTA6 are far in the future. Till then, we can keep playing minesweeper and spider solitaire.
I still miss old games like IGI. Pokémon carter’s, fighting force, and so on … real buying timeline now will be 2024. Update before it will only be for some more fps.

Pricing of Ryzen 5600 was most disappointing for me, had it been old AMD we would have it launched for 13~15k but why would AMD reduce price when there is no one to compete. AMD was always preferred by budget builders but thats not the case now.
Agree about the games also this shortage have somewhat killed PC gaming as after almost 2 yrs if people can't play games then they will move on eventually.

I still miss old games like IGI. Pokémon carter’s, fighting force, and so on … real buying timeline now will be 2024. Update before it will only be for some more fps.
The only reason I will upgrade my current gpu will be to experience RDR2 in 4k. I am not too keen on this, so will wait till GPU frenzy is over. Also, playing games after 1-2 years saves one from most bugs. IGI was a great game, iirc there was a teaser for a new IGI.
Ryzen 5 3600 still is great value for what it offers at 15k.
Pricing of Ryzen 5600 was most disappointing for me, had it been old AMD we would have it launched for 13~15k but why would AMD reduce price when there is no one to compete. AMD was always preferred by budget builders but thats not the case now.

Agree about the games also this shortage have somewhat killed PC gaming as after almost 2 yrs if people can't play games then they will move on eventually.
Hopefully intel catching up to amd on value to price will bring AMD prices down. Ryzen 5 5600 at 15k would have eaten up everything from 10k-to 25k. It would be too good. Hopefully we will see it falling to 15k. PC gaming will re-emerge with more and more console exclusives coming to pc, we will just have to wait. My system couldn't run Far Cry 3 properly when it released, few years later I was blown away by its graphics at 1080p. Then of course I was underwhelmed by the FC4 and FC5. Sometimes waiting is good. We should not yield to scalpers.

Last edited:
Pricing of Ryzen 5600 was most disappointing for me, had it been old AMD we would have it launched for 13~15k but why would AMD reduce price when there is no one to compete.
Yes, but there are tiers now. For less than 22k CPU, since we have no ryzen 3, Intel previous gen i3 is the main option.

22 - 35 k CPU : AMD makes sense. Upto 5800x, because of much much cheaper motherboards than comparable Intel.

Above that, maybe money is no object, and again Intel makes sense.

* Prices very approximate, not tracking prices very closely.

Last edited:
Yes, but there are tiers now. For less than 22k CPU, since we have no ryzen 3, Intel previous gen i3 is the main option.

22 - 35 k CPU : AMD makes sense. Upto 5800x, because of much much cheaper motherboards than comparable Intel.

Above that, maybe money is no object, and again Intel makes sense.

* Prices very approximate, not tracking process very closely.
Under 22k wouldn't r5 3600 be a good option, or even r7 2700. In intel, i5 9400f is also a good option if it still is selling for 13k.

I bought r5 3600 for 17.5k in April after seeing 5600 price as my expectation was that it will launch in that price bracket. Also now my hope are down for upcoming 6 series when it launch (new socket/RAM/architecture too) so its not gonna be cheap.

Regarding AMD GPU's (do they even make one?) Because I haven't seen any of there cards after 4xx/5xx series, so all of them are gimmick to me.

Back