Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Just learned from a Friend, Bangalore main 1660 Super from Gigabyte is being sold for 36k with GST at SP Road. I remember this card being sold for 54k and my friend got this for 20500 from Mdcomputer before all this chaos happened.
And 1660ti is selling for 39700/- while super for a whopping 49500/-
Higher end card for 10k less joke!

1627842354448.png
1627842368025.png

prices are coming down gradually I think.
prices from the right solution Lamington road mumbai.
1050 ti from 12k
1660 from 29k
3060 from 50k

Agreed, plus the seller's story doesn't really match. So apparently he just finished his 12th exams this year, wants to become a pilot (no bar the cost and employment prospects), and yet always seems to be in need of the latest and greatest (first 2080Ti, which he was selling to get a 3090 "at a good price", but now he is selling a 3080Ti?). He mentioned he needs it for production purposes, but unless he literally owns a studio or is doing insanely complex work right out of school, even then most stuff can be done excellently on the 2080Ti he "sold".
Yea I think it's pretty clear that the guy is just a reseller, or maybe someone who can't help impulse (and very expensive) purchases, what with all these stories and "details", and personally I'd stay away form the guy. Idk why but he comes off to me as someone who has a holier than thou attitude, and seems to be irked whenever someone questions him (and has some excuse always ready).[/ISPOILER]
Really don't want to comment on a person as such, but a while back he made his intentions clear to not sell at a higher price and wait till the market normalizes because of "ethical" reasons. I was glad such a member joined the forum, until he created his FS thread...

Really don't want to comment on a person as such, but a while back he made his intentions clear to not sell at a higher price and wait till the market normalizes because of "ethical" reasons. I was glad such a member joined the forum, until he created his FS thread...
Jaaney bhi do yaaron. Even I have a 2080Ti which I got for 47k with almost 3 years warranty but my soul does not allows me to sell it for higher price at all even though I got good offers for it.

If the market is flooded with new GPUs. When will RPtech gets restocked on founders' GPU?:confused: No LHR for Founders GPUs?
Never.

Galax 3080 LHR - 98000
Zotac 3080Ti - 1.27L
RTX 3090 is not trading under 2L. Yes, its trading because that is how the prices of GPU are now.
6900XT had gone to 1.6L and now selling for 1.3L.

Last edited:
prices are coming down gradually I think.
prices from the right solution Lamington road mumbai.
1050 ti from 12k
1660 from 29k
3060 from 50k

Are these videos real?. They quote attractive prices to get more views, but when people call the same shop, prices are usually higher.

Just learned from a Friend, Bangalore main 1660 Super from Gigabyte is being sold for 36k with GST at SP Road. I remember this card being sold for 54k and my friend got this for 20500 from Mdcomputer before all this chaos happened.
Thanks for reminding what were the actual prices of these cards before all hell break lose

Che
Are these videos real?. They quote attractive prices to get more views, but when people call the same shop, prices are usually higher.
Check the Google Reviews and Reddit, I have not heard bad feedback about them. You will be insane to post low prices and then charge higher just for Publicity, Social media can be Brutal and loving at the same time. The Prices that I mentioned are from my Local vendor in Chandigarh and he asked me to wait for couple of more months as LHR GPU will be flooding the markets, the used market for Non-LHR card or New Non-LHR will see price bump as they will become a rare commodity.

Off topic question but I have been seeing speculations that used cards will flood the market as mining becomes less lucrative. Are there any tests one can run to determine if a card has been used in mining and if yes, has the lifespan of the card significantly reduced due to its use in a mining operation? Also, in the event of an RMA, would the company deny it as it was a mining card? Assuming mining depreciates the life of a card at a much faster rate than gaming thus making the companies to often fork out two cards for a user for the price of one in a span of 3 years.

Last edited:
Off topic question but I have been seeing speculations that used cards will flood the market as mining becomes less lucrative. Are there any tests one can run to determine if a card has been used in mining and if yes, if the cards' lifespan has been significantly reduced due to its use in a mining operation?
Not really, you cannot know as it's not a mechanical thing which has wear and tear on use.
Maybe some careless miner can run the card without tuning it properly on high temps and VRAM chips may be a little discolored (this is rare and only could happen when it's run for years).
Fans are the only part which are mechanical and can have their lifetime shorten.

In short, no you cannot know if a card was used for mining or gaming. In general mining if done properly is less harmful than gaming. I'd prefer a properly well tuned mining card than a card which was used for gaming on full load.

In any case, if buying used do a stress test properly, with a very little OC on memory (+100) and core clock (+50) and 50-60% fan speed. You'll know if it doesn't artifact then it has a good life left.

Also, in the event of need of an RMA, would the company deny it as it was a mining card assuming mining depreciates the cards at a much faster rate than gaming.
Absolutely not true! Mining if done properly, card is cool 55-65C and TDP 100-150W only and life is prolonged when compared to gaming which reaches 70+C easily and is done on max TDP.

Last edited:
Off topic question but I have been seeing speculations that used cards will flood the market as mining becomes less lucrative. Are there any tests one can run to determine if a card has been used in mining and if yes, if the lifespan of a card has been significantly reduced due to its use in a mining operation? Also, in the event of an RMA, would the company deny it as it was a mining card? Assuming mining depreciates the life of a card at a much faster rate than gaming thus making the companies to often fork out two cards for a user for the price of one in a span of 3 years.
You only have to worry about cards with bad temps like 3080/3090 Fe and bad AIB ones etc. Their memory temps run very hot so unless their thermal pads are changed and/or used in AC you should think twice before buying them. It's very likely the seller won't say it's used for mining so you'll have to decide that.

As for other cards anything under 1y old should be perfectly fine as mentioned above, it would be almost equivalent to a gamer's card. You can always run stress tests at default settings and monitor temps and run benchmarks to see if it's performing normally.

Last edited:
Absolutely not true! Mining if done properly, card is cool 55-65C and TDP 100-150W only and life is prolonged when compared to gaming which reaches 70+C easily and is done on max TDP.
Isn't memory temperature the one to be monitored and not every card has a sensor to read out those temps?

Isn't memory temperature the one to be monitored and not every card has a sensor to read out those temps?
Memory temps on non-GDDR6X cards is not a concern as they are fairly under limits. Only 3080 and 3090 non-LHR cards are a concern that too if the VRAM chips are constantly above 100C (110C is throttle temps and anything below is still within specs). I would still like 3080 and 3090 be modded and have aftermarket thermal pads to keep those VRAM temps under 100C.

Back