GPU prices are at their lowest in 15 months, could fall to ‘attractive’ level already in May

mk76

Adept

Attachments

• gpu.PNG
    gpu.PNG
    447.4 KB · Views: 147
I don't understand why AMD RX6600 and 6600XT prices are not dropping when RTX 3060 and even 3060Ti's prices have fallen.

I don't understand why AMD RX6600 and 6600XT prices are not dropping when RTX 3060 and even 3060Ti's prices have fallen.
Some big guy or guys dumped their entire stock of nvidia GPUs into the market so those prices only decreased while not AMDs GPUs prices didn't because they are still being used by the miners & gamers both

Theres a significantly low demand for amd cards and comparatively nvidia cards sell like hot cakes any day..
Not low demand but Nvidia once tried to create a monopoly until Raja Koduri created Ryzen CPUs & RDNA GPUs which is David Vs Goliath which became good for end users like us nowadays.

Intel & Nvidia combination is standard until AMD came back from the brink.

Now Intel recruited Raja Koduri and is about to bring its ARC Alchemist GPUs which is again good for end users like us.

In between this Crytpo craze came and almost destroyed Gaming Industry.

Now everything is coming back to pre 2019 prices.

Let it be given another one or two months and even AMD GPUs prices will come down.

Not low demand but Nvidia once tried to create a monopoly until Raja Koduri created Ryzen CPUs & RDNA GPUs which is David Vs Goliath which became good for end users like us nowadays.

Intel & Nvidia combination is standard until AMD came back from the brink.

Now Intel recruited Raja Koduri and is about to bring its ARC Alchemist GPUs which is again good for end users like us.

In between this Crytpo craze came and almost destroyed Gaming Industry.

Now everything is coming back to pre 2019 prices.

Let it be given another one or two months and even AMD GPUs prices will come down.

As per this guy, do not buy GPU as the prices are going to come down further. I'll wait for another month or two. I guess around September we will have RTX 4000 series so many companies will clear their old stock which they had created due to so called Cryto craze.

As per this guy, do not buy GPU as the prices are going to come down further. I'll wait for another month or two. I guess around September we will have RTX 4000 series so many companies will clear their old stock which they had created due to so called Cryto craze.
And even Intel & AMD next gen 7000 series will come by that time and it will be hell of time for end users by then.

Will laptop prices, with gpu's, also fall due to this?

I think Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 might be what you are looking for. It goes for around 62K, has Ryzen 4600H, GTX 1650 and 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD.
Can you share the link? I am not able to find any hdd+ssd combo laptop anywhere online from a reputed seller. Went to the market today itself, they also had these ssd only laptops.
P.S. few months back someone bought the same model with same configuration but with i5 10th generation processor for about 56 from the local market, the Ryzen version was 2.5 costlier back then. Now the models are there but without the hdd.

Last edited:
Can you share the link? I am not able to find any hdd+ssd combo laptop anywhere online from a reputed seller. Went to the market today itself, they also had these ssd only laptops.

I believe this matches your requirement. However please confirm whether this allows upgrading storage or not.

I believe this matches your requirement. However please confirm whether this allows upgrading storage or not.
Actually I want a laptop which comes with a ssd+hdd from the oem's side itself. But not able to find any such laptop online. In the offline market too such laptops are nowhere to be found. My friend's brother bought this 2 months back for 56k https://www.smartprix.com/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15imh05-81y4017tin-ppd1cs2lajph this is also not available in the market. The AMD version of this laptop at that time was 60k. Only 1 seller selling this specific model online but his rating is not good. Went to the market yesterday everyone said that ssd+hdd hybrid combo is not coming anymore from any manufacturer's side. I find it hard to believe. Any laptop with ssd+hdd and a decent gpu which is available online till 60k?

Actually I want a laptop which comes with a ssd+hdd from the oem's side itself. But not able to find any such laptop online. In the offline market too such laptops are nowhere to be found. My friend's brother bought this 2 months back for 56k https://www.smartprix.com/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15imh05-81y4017tin-ppd1cs2lajph this is also not available in the market. The AMD version of this laptop at that time was 60k. Only 1 seller selling this specific model online but his rating is not good. Went to the market yesterday everyone said that ssd+hdd hybrid combo is not coming anymore from any manufacturer's side. I find it hard to believe. Any laptop with ssd+hdd and a decent gpu which is available online till 60k?
Sorry if am misunderstanding but the laptop link which I shared has both HDD and SSD pre-installed.

Sorry if am misunderstanding but the laptop link which I shared has both HDD and SSD pre-installed.
Apologies bro, I had many links opened up last night. It seems that I missed or overlooked the link that you have posted.

Zeroed in on the following models-

1. Was looking to buy this https://www.smartprix.com/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15imh05-81y4017tin-ppd1cs2lajph but not available from any reputed seller.

2. Found the expensive Ryzen version, thanks @yash891 bro https://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ide...-bed6-de9d5965a8f5.COMG36BSYCJQMNSW&_appId=CL

- Is it worth it?
- 2nd pic says 1 year adp also but lenovo customer support says that no adp if not purchased from their site.
- The keys are in blue color and the backlit is also in blue color which is a big turn off :( but I guess dil ko samjana padega
- The ram in this one is not fixed/soldered, right?
- Is it easy to upgrade/clean and does this model have card lock?

3. This is fine as no heavy games will be played https://www.flipkart.com/asus-vivob...aptop/p/itmbe79f1096e453?pid=COMG87FFPDWUZAKE I just want the system to be future ready for office work with support for good old games like GTA V and Mafia series. The biggest con in this one is the hinge which lifts up the keyboard part. Have terrible terrible experiences with laptops like this. I can live with the soldered ram in this one but not with the hinge part lifting the keyboard.

4. A great laptop https://www.flipkart.com/acer-nitro...n515-45-r7z1-gaming-laptop/p/itm526eb50c86b0e with even customizable colors for each key but outta budget :(

Now coming to the biggest issue. I need to exchange one of the two old laptops that I have. Just today itself for a friend the flipkart guy came for the laptop exchange. He was exchanging his old dell laptop. The exchange value was 10400/- There was a small scratch on the side. First the flipkart guy rejected it, after many requests he decreased the exchange price to 6000/- My friend called the customer support, they said that the decision of the delivery person is final. He had to let go of the MSI laptop that he ordered because the scratch was not that much. Any heads up for this? Is Amazon more flexible in this process? Unable to find these models on Amazon :(

A stupid question, if no games are played and these high end laptops are used for normal browsing etc. then the battery life will be fine considering that the gpu is not used, right? This will be the first time that I am not using a U series processor so asking. Intel's U series processors are dope when it comes to battery life.

Apologies bro, I had many links opened up last night. It seems that I missed or overlooked the link that you have posted.

Zeroed in on the following models-

1. Was looking to buy this https://www.smartprix.com/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15imh05-81y4017tin-ppd1cs2lajph but not available from any reputed seller.

2. Found the expensive Ryzen version, thanks @yash891 bro https://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ide...-bed6-de9d5965a8f5.COMG36BSYCJQMNSW&_appId=CL

- Is it worth it?
- 2nd pic says 1 year adp also but lenovo customer support says that no adp if not purchased from their site.
- The keys are in blue color and the backlit is also in blue color which is a big turn off :( but I guess dil ko samjana padega
- The ram in this one is not fixed/soldered, right?
- Is it easy to upgrade/clean and does this model have card lock?

3. This is fine as no heavy games will be played https://www.flipkart.com/asus-vivob...aptop/p/itmbe79f1096e453?pid=COMG87FFPDWUZAKE I just want the system to be future ready for office work with support for good old games like GTA V and Mafia series. The biggest con in this one is the hinge which lifts up the keyboard part. Have terrible terrible experiences with laptops like this. I can live with the soldered ram in this one but not with the hinge part lifting the keyboard.

4. A great laptop https://www.flipkart.com/acer-nitro...n515-45-r7z1-gaming-laptop/p/itm526eb50c86b0e with even customizable colors for each key but outta budget :(

Now coming to the biggest issue. I need to exchange one of the two old laptops that I have. Just today itself for a friend the flipkart guy came for the laptop exchange. He was exchanging his old dell laptop. The exchange value was 10400/- There was a small scratch on the side. First the flipkart guy rejected it, after many requests he decreased the exchange price to 6000/- My friend called the customer support, they said that the decision of the delivery person is final. He had to let go of the MSI laptop that he ordered because the scratch was not that much. Any heads up for this? Is Amazon more flexible in this process? Unable to find these models on Amazon :(

A stupid question, if no games are played and these high end laptops are used for normal browsing etc. then the battery life will be fine considering that the gpu is not used, right? This will be the first time that I am not using a U series processor so asking. Intel's U series processors are dope when it comes to battery life.
Exchange is iffy in amazon as well I believe, try listing the old laptop on here or olx fb marketplace etc should fetch a better price that way. CodewithHarry has a very helpful list if laptops with links, here it is:

Best of luck and happy hunting :)

question is will the drops reflect here also? 5600x/5800x/5900x dropped almost 1/3rd in prices across the world more than a month ago but we don't see any price drops here....

question is will the drops reflect here also? 5600x/5800x/5900x dropped almost 1/3rd in prices across the world more than a month ago but we don't see any price drops here....
When was the last time you checked the prices in an Offline store. In Bangalore at SP Road when I checked yesterday, 5950x is being sold for 56000 and 5900x is being sold for 41000. 12900k is selling for 51500, which I can recall being sold for 72000 and 5950x I know was being sold for 74000 around 8 to 9 month ago.
About GPU - RTX 3070 is selling for 61000/62000 with entire PC Build and 3070Ti from 64000 onward.

So the prices are going to come down for sure as the Supply and Chain gets better. Most vendors are suggesting to wait for GPU are the prices will drop by another 10 percent. Because only two AIB have dropped the prices - Asus and Zotac. They are waiting for others to follow suite.

Back