Graphic Cards GPU shows no display in 5-10 seconds after booting up. PC remains working.

bandy

Recruit
Hey,

I am facing an issue where my pc starts properly but the the monitor goes black and I get the no display error. The cpu fans, case fans and gpu fans are running indicating that the system works only the display is affected.
It does work sometimes though but it is very inconsistent. Last week I played GTA 5 for 6 hours straight the next day it was back to no display.

My components : Been using them for the past 5 years now.
  • EVGA GTX 1050ti 4GB
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 2133MHz
  • i5-7500
  • Gigabyte H110M-H
  • Corsair VS550
  • 2TB HDD
Things I have tried : I am assuming my GPU is dead or the capacitors are not working properly.
  • Frying (I was too scared to bake my GPU in the microwave so I just kept it in a hot vessel since I do not have a hot air gun)
  • Repasting both CPU and GPU
  • Using the GPU in a completely different (cousin's) rig. He has a working Gigabyte GTX 1050ti so I knew the test rig would be compatible.
  • Gave it to a servicing guy who pulled it apart, cleaned in IP solution, ran a test on a software which he claimed tells them whether the unit is functional or not. He said the test ran till 70% and was stuck after that. Never moved forward.
  • Contacted Nvidia support, they said it could be a hardware issue since the no display thing occurs even on BIOS screen. Apparently, driver issues are only caused on windows boot up and not BIOS??? idk
  • Cleaning my entire rig with a air blower.
  • Windows and drivers reinstall
  • Running the PC without the GPU. Connected the vga cable to the motherboard outlet. It works.

Did it work in your cousin's rig?
Does your MB have a bios fault code or led to show where the boot has failed?

Based on most of the other stuff you have posted I would say its a dead GPU.
Hope it's in warranty

Yeah, it did work in my cousin's pc.
No, my MB does not have a bios fault code. At least nothing that I know about. It is a very basic MB I doubt it would have such a thing.
And unfortunately it is not in warranty :/

Did you try a different monitor or cable yet?
I know you mentioned you tried direct mobo vga but still...

You need a beep speaker. See if you can find and install once. When the boot fails, note down the beeps if you get any. If no beeps then you have to replace components one by one.

have you tried through all different display output , hdmi dvi ,vga etc ,try that , check your cables with cousins pc , i hope your monitor too has diff input connectors. it could be internal break in cable ,or connector issue at either monitor or GPU which all could be fixed.

have you tried through all different display output , hdmi dvi ,vga etc ,try that , check your cables with cousins pc , i hope your monitor too has diff input connectors. it could be internal break in cable ,or connector issue at either monitor or GPU which all could be fixed.
Tried it with HDMI and DVI. My gpu only has these ports and both show the same error

Will it be possible to try with another GPU in your system? Alternatively, you can try cleaning the PCIe slot and the card contacts with IPA, dry them thoroughly and then give it another shot. Also, since you mentioned that it is working in your cousin's PC, try to verify if the temps are within normal range or not. Lastly, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem reoccurs to rule out driver issues.

Back