Graphic Cards GPU TEMPERATURE

uday0799

Disciple
HI,

I Recently purchased Zotac gtx 970 and when its is idle the temperature is 43 and when i do gaming like 2 hours on strech it reaches up to 85, is it common and is there any other better way to bring down temperature.

i used MSI after burner for creating custom fan curve but no luck, can anybody help me how to create fan curve.

is there good airflow in your case?
try opening the side panel of the cabinet and see the temps.
if there is a sharp drop then you can install some case fans to solve the issue.

after removing the side panel....i am getting temperatures of 75 degrees while gaming and when it is idle the temperature varies from 40 to 57 degrees......i dont have any extra fans installed to my cabinet..i will do it today and will notice it.

My cabinet is beetel cabinet and it is very small and I think there is no proper airflow and can you suggest me cabinet with good airflow under 3000 rs

cooler master, corsair, nzxt, deepcool, antec, zalman, lian-li, silverstone, bit-fenix and thermaltake are all good brands for cabinets.
try to avoid mini-atx cabinets (aim for mid tower or atx) as the size limitations affect airflow a lot.
if you're buying fans then a) make sure your case has slots for it and b) get 120mm fans (not 80mm) as they are much quieter.

I have one dumb question if I have to mount smps in bottom of the cabinet can I reverse smps because fan of smps has to face upwards right ....

You won't need to do that.
a cabinet that has bottom mounted smps will have space to allow air in for the smps fan.
the fan of the smps doesn't have to be facing upright.

as for models, there are far too many to suggest. spend some time online and shortlist a few you like and then we can suggest which one is the best.

Last edited:
OK. But in web I have seen pics that fans facing upright....OK leave it and let me know the cabinet models please so that I can place order online and what is dangerous temperature for GPU and will GPU gets fried bcoz of high temperature

Thanks for the reply and can I reverse smps and fit in that cabinet bcoz I will place cabinet in table and I think it will obstruct airflow

Back