Audio Grado launching in India

This is awesome stuff.
I hope our in house dealer pristine note carries some of the stock as well.
Grados have that just sometjing different which you cannot put your finger on.

The prices are going to be insane. Think a conversion rate of rs85-100+ a dollar from what Denny as Bass n treble has pointed to me. The cheapest Igrado which costs $40 will cost rs4000. I wouldn't be hopeful for a sr80i below 8-11k if that is true.

It is simply stupid to expect stuff at cheaper or on par with US prices if a company launches its products here. This is probably never going to happen.

Yeah Indian custom duties are very high and since Grado is a niche brand you can bet prices will be quite prohibitive. Basically good for people who don't want to wait for relatives/friends to get them down the the US.

Its silly to think that any imported item will be priced nicely here in India. Apart from all the taxes you put, there are still some international firms that prefer to leach their Indian customers.

Take sennheiser for instance. It is priced the same in India and USA. Wharfedale speakers are priced nicely in India. It really depends on how much the brand cares about its pricing in other countries.[DOUBLEPOST=1372682048][/DOUBLEPOST]And grado isn't really coming itself to India. Bass n treble will be their Indian agent and they will only sell through them.

Take sennheiser for instance. It is priced the same in India and USA. Wharfedale speakers are priced nicely in India. It really depends on how much the brand cares about its pricing in other countries.[DOUBLEPOST=1372682048][/DOUBLEPOST]And grado isn't really coming itself to India. Bass n treble will be their Indian agent and they will only sell through them.
Which means a monopoly and they can increase the price as what they want like others here have done

When i had earlier enquired about grado from pristine note,gautam told me that they have been trying to get grados but couldnt reach a price agreement.Apparently the price wasnt worth it.

Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG and many other top headphone brands have a lot of mass market models (like Sennheisers HD201/202) so the numbers are high enough and the market big enough for good prices.

Grados are more niche even in the headphone world as they generally have a focused sound signature that not everyone appreciates.

Back