Graphics card prices are rising reflecting a global trend

nRiTeCh

Skilled

Graphics card prices are rising in China, reflecting a global trend​

When will this end?​

1630999747847.png

What just happened? More sad news for those who nostalgically look back on the days when graphics card prices and availability weren’t the stuff of nightmares: prices in China are now on the increase as a result of reduced GPU shipments, a trend we’re also witnessing in other countries.

Yes, graphics cards prices are starting to rise again..

Attachments

• 1630999727475.png
    1630999727475.png
    119 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Chip shortage is real though, I saw an article showing cars coming out without infotainment. Some car companies stopping production altogether. I even read some insider posting that upcoming xuv 700 only has chips enough for 10k cars. Looks like a good time to post my GPU for sale again now that prices are soaring high. Might make a post later today.

Chip shortage is real though, I saw an article showing cars coming out without infotainment. Some car companies stopping production altogether. I even read some insider posting that upcoming xuv 700 only has chips enough for 10k cars. Looks like a good time to post my GPU for sale again now that prices are soaring high. Might make a post later today.
What gpu will you go for in its stead?

Due to lock down and shipment stuck in china stocks, the stock for mainstream cards is dried up in India. Sourced from Acro via a dealer. so we have Crypo + no new supply + scalping = CHOTASA PRICE Hike everywhere :banghead: when will new gpu's come in INDIA is not cleared but September end is what is been expected. So anyone waiting just collect the money and wait for October.

The chip shortage was already somewhat there but it got amplified by pandemic when people ordered a lot more than expected. Taiwan draught cut down water for chip manufacturing. Lastly the biggest factor 'mining'. There are new factories being built, mining moving to new protocols and pandemic effect dropping with time. Expect things to get a lot better near March 2022 and everything back to normal in 2023.
Plus I am getting a decent gaming pc from a relative (who is moving abroad) at a pre mining era reasonable price. I recently bought a Mac mini and now a powerful pc awaits me. Where was this guy a few days earlier ?

With the Bitcoin crash, I was hoping that the miners' would be flooding the markets with their stock, this isn't happening now either with Ether now a crazy rise. Am I right to assume that the mining craze isn't going to end anytime soon?

I think people are conflating two different things here, chip shortage for cars is because they cancelled orders and were bumped to the end of the queue. Chips for cars are manufactured on much older nodes which have lower capacity and won't be ramped up by fabs.
GPUs are mostly manufactured on leading edge and closer nodes. 5/7nm. There is no significant shortage in these.
The US printing dollars has created some inflation, companies are also going the "make hay while sunshine" route and raising prices, at each level, which is getting passed on to the consumer.

Last edited:
Yet, Nvidia hit record profits recently. Also read they and even AMD are going to make mining-only GPUs... amid this shortage. So that means even less GPUs in the hands of gamers.

Last edited:
Can someone explain what resulted a serious price correction in July , whereas now it's back to previous high like May 2021. Will there will be another correction by Sep end?

Back