Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

ahahaha I tried to resist but this is too funny lol. Someone is trying to sell a 1080Ti for 45k, when 3060Ti has already come down to 50k. I remember back in Feb-March 1080Ti cards were going for 30-32k with warranty, and 26-30k without warranty (depending on condition and no of fans). looks like someone is trying to cash in on ignorance of a few gullible people, or thinks that prices are still where they were 2 months ago

ahahaha I tried to resist but this is too funny lol. Someone is trying to sell a 1080Ti for 45k, when 3060Ti has already come down to 50k. I remember back in Feb-March 1080Ti cards were going for 30-32k with warranty, and 26-30k without warranty (depending on condition and no of fans). looks like someone is trying to cash in on ignorance of a few gullible people, or thinks that prices are still where they were 2 months ago
I got a rough reply from him when I quoted 27k for his gtx1070ti a month. He didn't sell it either. Let him try his luck.

These are second Tier GPU from them. Their Chill series are good but this Dual Fan will not be a high performing card in the 3060Ti Series of GPU from AIB.
Thanks much. I'm planning to buy it. My usage wont stress it anyways

Just FYI, I'm the author of that thread. I was offered that price by miners in a Facebook group. Apparently, mining-capable cards are still rare on the market. I didn't want to sell it to them and created a thread here instead. If I have to deviate too far from that, I'd rather just keep the card/consider selling it on FB.
Am I making more than if I sold in February? Yes. But I'm not the only one that has done so in the past few months - right on this forum.

No offence to you but I think you should have sold that card to the miners on fb then; there are more gamers than miners on here. Plus 1080Ti is not a very good mining card anymore - it gets 39-42 Mh at best, which is 2070 non Super and 2060 Super levels. Even 5700 series get 50-62Mh, way more than your 1080Ti. AMD was the best for mining till Pascal Vega era thanks to their advantage of huge memory bandwidth afforded by HBM2, and it's only in Turing era that Nvidia beat AMD Vega in mining. My Vega 64 itself gets 51Mh, and I got that for the same price as a second hand triple fan GTX 1080 back in March.

Just FYI, I'm the author of that thread. I was offered that price by miners in a Facebook group. Apparently, mining-capable cards are still rare on the market. I didn't want to sell it to them and created a thread here instead. If I have to deviate too far from that, I'd rather just keep the card/consider selling it on FB.
Am I making more than if I sold in February? Yes. But I'm not the only one that has done so in the past few months - right on this forum.

The problem with your justification is you dont want to sell it to Miners yet you want to price it at miners level!

No offence to you but I think you should have sold that card to the miners on fb then; there are more gamers than miners on here. Plus 1080Ti is not a very good mining card anymore - it gets 39-42 Mh at best, which is 2070 non Super and 2060 Super levels. Even 5700 series get 50-62Mh, way more than your 1080Ti. AMD was the best for mining till Pascal Vega era thanks to their advantage of huge memory bandwidth afforded by HBM2, and it's only in Turing era that Nvidia beat AMD Vega in mining. My Vega 64 itself gets 51Mh, and I got that for the same price as a second hand triple fan GTX 1080 back in March.

I didn't sell it to them because I consider TE more respectful/trustworthy than FB. Plus selling locally may be an option here.

It may not be the best bang for your buck for mining, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's possible to back the cost of the 1080 Ti mining part-time in a few months, say 14-16 hours a day when not gaming. That's not possible on a LHR card.
I got a rough reply from him when I quoted 27k for his gtx1070ti a month. He didn't sell it either. Let him try his luck.

Thanks much. I'm planning to buy it. My usage wont stress it anyways
What rough reply? Just checked and I was courteous. Besides, that isn't my card to price as I wanted - I made it abundantly clear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210801-222813.png
    Screenshot_20210801-222813.png
    899.3 KB · Views: 92
It may not be the best bang for your buck for mining, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's possible to back the cost of the 1080 Ti mining part-time in a few months, say 14-16 hours a day when not gaming. That's not possible on a LHR card.
It also doesn't take a genius to figure out that any 3060Ti, even that inno3D version, will give you about 35-40Mh, compared to 40 for a 1080Ti, and hence will be a far better purchase for mining since the difference is not too big, plus all the other benefits (new card, latest gen etc). Hell, even for gaming that will be better than the 1080Ti - just undervolt the card and good to go.

It also doesn't take a genius to figure out that any 3060Ti, even that inno3D version, will give you 60Mh easily, compared to barely 40 for a 1080Ti, and hence will be a far better purchase for mining since that 5k difference in price will be easily recouped in less than a month, and then way more profits forever compared to a 2 generations old card, plus all the other benefits (new card, latest gen etc). Hell, even for gaming that will be better than the 1080Ti - just undervolt the card and good to go.
The 3060Tis in question are all LHR, they're locked to 25MH/s on Ethash, you are being outright misleading.

Unlocked 3060Tis are not selling for anywhere close to 50k. If they are, I'll happily reduce the price.

The 3060Tis in question are all LHR, they're locked to 25MH/s on Ethash, you are being outright misleading.

Unlocked 3060Tis are not selling for anywhere close to 50k. If they are, I'll happily reduce the price.
Yep I realised and promptly edited my reply.
But LHR 3060 Ti cards are getting 35-40Mh depending on luck, it is 3060LHR which get about 25-30Mh. Considering that the 3060Ti then gives equivalent, or slightly lower Mh than your 1080Ti while consuming half the power to do so, it's still a far better buy, plus it has all the advantages of a 3060Ti compared to a 1080Ti - newer card, RTX, DLSS, TensorRT etc

A pure gamer wont buy a gpu at expected mining prices.
Reading through the arguments/discussion it seems @fullysharpened wants to sell specifically keeping in mind- The Mining factor!
And as @TheCoolerPlayer pointed out, here there are 90%+ gamers and remaining miners and if that the sole purpose, the sale thread should be edited and a disclaimer should be included stating specifically for mining purpose sale.
This way gamers will stay out of the thread and no more ranting around.

Rest no offense about the pricing as its his wish if he wants to sell it for 1lac or 10k, only time will tell whats the price he will get unlike that other fake chap who has all stupid reasons for sale piling all mining cards and making lame excuses for sale yet keeps bumping for months with many more speedbreakers to sustain!

A pure gamer wont buy a gpu at expected mining prices.
Reading through the arguments/discussion it seems @fullysharpened wants to sell specifically keeping in mind- The Mining factor!
And as @TheCoolerPlayer pointed out, here there are 90%+ gamers and remaining miners and if that the sole purpose, the sale thread should be edited and a disclaimer should be included stating specifically for mining purpose sale.
This way gamers will stay out of the thread and no more ranting around.

Rest no offense about the pricing as its his wish if he wants to sell it for 1lac or 10k, only time will tell whats the price he will get unlike that other fake chap who has all stupid reasons for sale piling all mining cards and making lame excuses for sale yet keeps bumping for months with many more speedbreakers to sustain!

Done.

Just learned from a Friend, Bangalore main 1660 Super from Gigabyte is being sold for 36k with GST at SP Road. I remember this card being sold for 54k and my friend got this for 20500 from Mdcomputer before all this chaos happened.

Back