Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

That's actually unfair and fraudulent selling.
If you have mentioned a specific model number for a price, you have to sell that once the order is placed.
Onus is not on buyer to assume it would be LHR version.
But then again, this is India. If people are buying, call beforehand or order with credit card so dispute can be raised if needed.
But then they will say it was a pricing error. We will return your money.

I wish if I could get my hands on this hardware somehow. Electricity is a lot cheaper in Himachal.
You can even setup clean energy source; so you wont be amongst the ppl who use the fossil sources of electricity.
But then they will say it was a pricing error. We will return your money.
kaash humare pass bhi amrika jaisa card fraud ka system hota; poora paisa return ho jaata dispute/fraud karne pe.

This.

Buying GPUs after the craze dies down is also quite risky! Are there any guaranteed ways to find out if a GPU has been used to mine a lot?
but mining may not spoil the card that much..u can still get 2-3 years life...but make sure to check the manufacturing date to make sure the mining was as less as possible!

This.

Buying GPUs after the craze dies down is also quite risky! Are there any guaranteed ways to find out if a GPU has been used to mine a lot?
if you have proper Invoice with no physical damage then there is no need to worry, we have service centers for that. To answer your question, No there is no guaranteed way to find out if the card was used in mining though a dealer once told me that if you open the card and check PCB then it looks odd (like worn out) thats an indication that card have been used a lot (A gamer won't play 24/7 where as miner will)

but mining may not spoil the card that much..u can still get 2-3 years life...but make sure to check the manufacturing date to make sure the mining was as less as possible!

if you have proper Invoice with no physical damage then there is no need to worry, we have service centers for that. To answer your question, No there is no guaranteed way to find out if the card was used in mining though a dealer once told me that if you open the card and check PCB then it looks odd (like worn out) thats an indication that card have been used a lot (A gamer won't play 24/7 where as miner will)
Yeah while in warranty I guess this is ok but to my misfortune I had a graphics card fail ~2 months after the warranty period and in such cases it's really sad.

The other question I had is on several occasions there is no mention of the serial number on the bill while a bunch of cards are purchased; in such cases seeing such an invoice would the manufacturer honour warranty or not?

For as much drama the government causes the public, the public isn't really interested in the mundane schedule of the government.

The 44th GST Council was a couple of days ago and the highlights are reduction in rates for COVID-19 related expenses: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1726525 Though even with the reduced rates, it feels like a cruel joke that with our unacceptable mortality rates you still need to pay a fair share to the government for privilege of attempting to survive this pandemic.

I didn't see any increases in the 43rd GST Council either: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1722578 so the increases (whatever they may be) must have been something planned/announced much earlier. But this stands out as both hilarious and sad:

With all that said, GST was brilliant idea. We just need a more competent government.
Just a heads-up : GST Council is made up of the FMs of all the states + the FM of India. Decisions are taken by consensus, so all the bouquets and brickbats should go to the state FMs as well. Why haven't they decided to get petrol and diesel under GST?

Yeah while in warranty I guess this is ok but to my misfortune I had a graphics card fail ~2 months after the warranty period and in such cases it's really sad.

The other question I had is on several occasions there is no mention of the serial number on the bill while a bunch of cards are purchased; in such cases seeing such an invoice would the manufacturer honour warranty or not?
Yeah thats the problem when we don't have warranty left, Normally I bear the losses in advance and sell within warranty as for me once its gone bad I will probably will never get enough free time to deal with service center. For invoices without serial no. AFAIK they do honor warranty on them but others can share there experience as I am not the best person to answer.

Yeah thats the problem when we don't have warranty left, Normally I bear the losses in advance and sell within warranty as for me once its gone bad I will probably will never get enough free time to deal with service center. For invoices without serial no. AFAIK they do honor warranty on them but others can share there experience as I am not the best person to answer.
Oh, it's a bit weird how it works though. Can't anyone just show anyone else's invoice to claim warranty in that case?

Are there any guaranteed ways to find out if a GPU has been used to mine a lot?

There's such a huge spectrum of miners that there's not a single approach to catch them all.

On one end, we have a type of miner that has been at it for a few years, so they're careful about monitoring temperatures, undervolting, power. They'll have an elaborate ventilation setup with huge dust filters across windows and are careful not to overload power supplies and use proper cabling that adhere to safety standards. They're happy about getting 10% less hashrate if it means a 30% lower power bill. Cards used in these setups are difficult to recognize because they basically look like new without disassembling. These are the people with a few dozen or more cards.

Then there's the low effort miner, who is driven by greed and has no appreciation or understanding of technology. They have the mentality of an negligent livestock herder and they're responsible for atrocities like this:
I think the easiest way to find if a GPU has been used for mining, is by seeing how desperate the seller is. This shortage has made gamers the patient ones who can wait for a good price or a buyer at their price, and the miners will be the impatient ones looking for a quick sale because they have so many cards to get rid off and would be competing against each other on pricing.

Found this in a FB sellers post, so much for supply issues.
Edit : nevermind, I think they're taken off internet.

Last edited:
Somebody is woke and knows LHR cards are not in demand.
Screenshot_20210623-072746.jpg

Somebody is woke and knows LHR cards are not in demand.
Ahaha. He would be like.. why does it give me half the hash rate. Suddenly bumps his head and realizes that "Ti" are no longer high hash rate cards but castrated cards for Mining only and maybe gaming too.

Is there anyone here who personally know these private sellers on fb? Where do they get their huge stock from? Even RTX 2060's are still found in new condition. I'd like for a credible source to tell us. They are also doing b2b sales which I called "laundering."
Just in case you guys missed. Someone went through the trouble of contacting Nvidia about RP Tech lol. The pdf is read from bottom to top.

PS: I didn't get the email for the June sale.

Last edited:
Back