Laptops graphics prob in XPS m 1530.

iccy88

Disciple
guys, i got my XPS m1530 2 days back.
my config z--> 2.2 ghz 4 MB cache mem., Nvidia 8600m GT- 256mbs.
wch should support ol DX-10 games i guess.

"the problem is when m runnin FIFA'08 m gettin hell low quality graphics i.e. damn poor FPS. evn FPS in CS is droppin lyk nythng. I don know if its happenin due to improper settings or sumthn wrong wid drivers.:S "
Is thr any otha XPS-1530 user facin ny such prob?

Please help me fr wot cud b d reason fr same n wot shud i do??

Well....its kinda wierd..i tried fixing this...i thought it must have been coz of high settings ingame....changed them to LOW...but the problem still exists...

Oh vipin...just 1 thing bro...we aint no HIP-HOPPERS here....try n use simple language...:D

tried a lot of games on a friends DELL XPS 1530 with almost the same config as urs..8600gt-M ..etc etc.

and all the games ..we tried were running satisfactorily with around 45-55 fps .. on all high settings and some on medium settings..

even COD :4 ran on medium settings...

i think theres some problem with u r lappy ..driver issue or something..

wel on checkin out i found my driver is 156.63(provided by dell). Will updating my driver to whatever is latest help me improving FPS? are there any drawbacks updating it?

no i dont think so ..we ran all da games on the stock settings ..that came installed from DELL..

download the latest drivers. Uninstall your current drivers and reinstall. In fact I suggest uninstalling all your drivers and reinstalling each of them, even the chipset driver which you can just reinstall. If you're having such problems its obvious something in the synergy of your system isn't right. Just use the latest drivers to see if it helps. There is no set rule of a particular set of drivers being right for anyone. It could even be a software conflict or even a virus. So till you don't try something different and verify we can't really help you...

well....we tried uninstalling the drivers.....installing the new 1'z..but still...the problem exists.....its like...the game detects the gfx card but aint using it :S....

Do we have any1 in here working with DELL CC ??

cOOl_chap said:
well....we tried uninstalling the drivers.....installing the new 1'z..but still...the problem exists.....its like...the game detects the gfx card but aint using it :S....

Do we have any1 in here working with DELL CC ??

OK. That seems to count out your drivers. You should be able to access your BIOS and see which video adapter is being used if you feel that your system isn't using the display card. Even your graphics properties will show this...

Vandal said:
OK. That seems to count out your drivers. You should be able to access your BIOS and see which video adapter is being used if you feel that your system isn't using the display card. Even your graphics properties will show this...

brother....u think i didnt do that? i checked....the computer is reading the card...everywhere it says 8600 M GT...but for some reasons...its acting weird....the grafix aint how they suppose to be....

ppl hear have said that they tested FEAR / COD etc....man...this 1 aint even running CS properly...

FPS dropping to 60-70'z...:S

hmm..does DELL replaces the product if its faulty ??

Does the XPS m1530 come loaded with Vista? If thats the case there is a hotfix you need to apply. Also there is a reliability update. Maybe these could solve your problem.

Also did you try turning Vsync off in the Nvidia driver panel?

Back