GRE Help needed.

Mr.A

Recruit
I'm just done with 3rd year of Btech in the CSE domain. I already took the GRE and got 304. I'm not satisfied with the score as I was expecting a lot more. So I'm planning to take another attempt in these summer holidays. So I have a few queries given below.
1) shall I write TOEFL first, submit that and then take the GRE? Is that process accepted?
2)or shall I apply with the current score first and later submit my new GRE score?
3)or shall I first write GRE and then TOEFL in these holidays?
I'm planning to go for ms in 2017 spring.

I'm just done with 3rd year of Btech in the CSE domain. I already took the GRE and got 304. I'm not satisfied with the score as I was expecting a lot more. So I'm planning to take another attempt in these summer holidays. So I have a few queries given below.
1) shall I write TOEFL first, submit that and then take the GRE? Is that process accepted?
2)or shall I apply with the current score first and later submit my new GRE score?
Thanks in advance!

I would recommend you to check out IELTS too, as an alternative for TOEFL.
What sort of universities are you planning to apply to?

If you want to apply to good universities, I would suggest you to go in for the Fall 2017 intake as opposed to Spring 2017.

What is the score division in GRE (Verbal, Quant, AWA?)

GRE (304 Q-158 V-146 AWA-3.5) - willing to do my MS in COMPUTER SCIENCE

BTech CSE-9.2 CGPA = 88% at top 43 University JNTU
12th-94%
10th-93%
Summer Internships-2 ( java+graphic designing & android + IoT)

-Completed a research project
-Completed my startup project -Patented idea
-Completed a project on Social Service App
-Built a Website and Apps for the Startup
-Got B grade in Business English Certificate, Cambridge university
-President of Indian Society for Technical education , college
-Chairman of Computer Science & Engineering Association , college
-Did community service(social service) - 2 years includes teaching Govt. Schools, organizing hunger drives etc.
-Got appreciation letters from Research Consultancy Centre(college) , NGO for the social service and two others for technical and non-technical work done from the college.

What sort of universities are you planning to apply to?
^^^I have a query here, why IELTS over TOEFL?Is there any specific reason?

As far as universities are concerned, I wish to get into RUTGERS UNIVERSITY in CS. Is there any chance of me getting into Rutgers for the present score and profile?

And if possible can you let me know the colleges I have chances getting into for my present profile.

Yeah I prefer fall instead of spring. I guess I mistyped in a hurry. Sorry I didn't specify all my details at first.

Thank you a lot!

Summer Internships-2 ( java+graphic designing & android + IoT)

IoT Is a good thing. This will add value to your profile.

-Completed a research project
-Completed my startup project -Patented idea
-Completed a project on Social Service App
-Built a Website and Apps for the Startup

- This is even better. You should probably be looking for a better university than Rutgers. I would strongrly

-Got B grade in Business English Certificate, Cambridge university
-President of Indian Society for Technical education , college
-Chairman of Computer Science & Engineering Association , college

- This probably will not add much value if you are looking for a top school

-Did community service(social service) - 2 years includes teaching Govt. Schools, organizing hunger drives etc.
-Got appreciation letters from Research Consultancy Centre(college) , NGO for the social service and two others for technical and non-technical work done from the college.

These can add value to your SOP. Especially if you are looking to get into a good university where diversity is one of the requirements.

Owing to the number of proxy TOEFL test takers, a lot of universities (and the US Consular Office) are doubtful of students getting a 100+ in TOEFL. This is the reason why I have asked you take IELTS. Other than that, it makes no difference whatsoever.

I would suggest you retake the GRE, aim for a full 170 in the quant section, and about 150 (or better) in the verbal section, and try to gun for a better university. Do not ignore the AWA score, a lot of top unis also look at the score.

You still haven't told me your detailed GRE score. As for Rutgers, I have friends who have been to Rutgers, I will check with them and let you know.

Also, getting into CalTech, and MIT and Boston is not as difficult as people make it seem.

I did mention my GRE score, its 304 where I got 158 in QUANT and 146 in VERBAL.

Yeah even I'm aiming for the same spilt score. And yeah I'll look into some better colleges. If you can, can you list some out?

Yeah please let me know when you get to know about Rutgers.

Thanks for helping me out.

I did mention my GRE score, its 304 where I got 158 in QUANT and 146 in VERBAL.

Yeah even I'm aiming for the same spilt score. And yeah I'll look into some better colleges. If you can, can you list some out?

Yeah please let me know when you get to know about Rutgers.

Thanks for helping me out.

Hello!

If you are looking at Rutgers, you should be looking at a score of around 320. The minimum recommended score in AWA is 4.0. Getting a score in the high 90th percentiles in quant is also very strongly recommended.

Hope this helps :)

Back