Graphic Cards Green dots appearing on screen

Hey everyone

Just when I was about to buy a new LED monitor, my whole graphics came down. I don't get it. I was playing Skyrim which had been working perfectly for 2 days when suddenly a whole game freezes and a load of green dots start appearing onscreen. Now sometimes when I start up, it'll get stuck at the welcome screen (win 7 x64), green dots and then restarts. Most of the time it loads fine. 1080p movies, videos, songs, not a problem. But the moment I start a game, be it Skyrim, Saints Row 3, it all goes green and crashes. This just started yesterday.

Pls help.

PS- Have been using a new Ups for the past 3 weeks now- The APC BR1100CL 660w.

GPU- EVGA GTS 250

Attachments

• 20120319_021721.jpg
    20120319_021721.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 159
I'd bet on the GPU. It looks like it is artifacting when the GPU is loaded which explains the occurrence during gaming. Why not try an alternate display? If you have a LCD TV around, try connecting the display using the HDMI terminal.

Now it has elevated. Green lines and white dots appearing during Bios and safe mode.

My Psu is an OCZ Stealthxstream 600w with 18A each on all four 12v . This has been my config for 3 years now. why the sudden problem ?

Now the whole boot up language is showing gibberish. It's like I'm reading Chinese in the bios.

No warranty. Bought it from Canada 3 years ago.

So now, I have to buy a new card. Looking at the following cards -

Gtx 550Ti

Gtx 560 (non Ti)

Ati 6850

Any suggestions?

I bought the Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CU2.

Now I have a new problem. After changing the card, I don't see any of the previous green problem. So now that means GPUwent kaput.

I installed the driver disk but when I check Device Manager, it shows an exclamation mark under Gtx 560ti saying driver doesn't have some signature along with error code 52. Also right clicking on desktop leads to appcrash explorer.exe. Now not able to play a single game. Upon using Shellexview, I disabled the Asus Gamer OSD and then the explorer.exe stopped crashing during right clicks.

When I try to uninstall the Asus Gamer OSD via program remove, it denies it saying program is in use, temp folders have to be deleted and something about an internet connection.

Now WTF is happening here ?!

I face this problem but as #jeffrain123 its different

in my case the 3~4 bold line appear diagonally

and

some time thin green 5~6 lines diagonally and many red,white dots appeared

The problem was my HDD make (chuc) noise when above screen appears

later on my VGA port is not work after that i installed Graphic Card now its working fine

I too have the same problem. I get green dots and lines on screen and sometimes windows just diapper and some black rectagles appear on screen.

But i have found that this is only when i resume my system from sleep. If i start and continue, this problem does not occur and everything is fine. If i resume after sleep there is a 75% chance for this to happen.

Neone got any ideas about this ?

Fyi, Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 (normal one) on Win 7 x64 ultimate.

I bought the Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CU2.

Now I have a new problem. After changing the card, I don't see any of the previous green problem. So now that means GPUwent kaput.

I installed the driver disk but when I check Device Manager, it shows an exclamation mark under Gtx 560ti saying driver doesn't have some signature along with error code 52. Also right clicking on desktop leads to appcrash explorer.exe. Now not able to play a single game. Upon using Shellexview, I disabled the Asus Gamer OSD and then the explorer.exe stopped crashing during right clicks.

When I try to uninstall the Asus Gamer OSD via program remove, it denies it saying program is in use, temp folders have to be deleted and something about an internet connection.

Now WTF is happening here ?!

Is no one reading, or am i missing something, the OP has purchased a new card, and I think he is facing what seems like a driver issue. #jeffrain123 did you uninstall the previous drivers?...if nothing works, trying fresh install of Windows, new hardware plus old drivers almost always cause conflicts.

Back