GST on ZOMATO / Swiggy / Online Food Delivery..???

So... I thought to order from one of my favourite restaurant. I always use Swiggy but my One Membership expired today.. and I thought let's use Zomato. I was new.. so Zomato gave me 30 Days Free Delivery and some coupons. I was really glad and thought " How am I so stupid to never use Zomatoo_O ..? "

Then I ordered "Chole Bhature :happy:" and came to Checkout page and BAM...!!
Screenshot_20230125_180513.jpg

I MEAN SERIOUSLY.. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THESE Online Food Deliveries. On Swiggy.. the whole order costs me 180 ( INR 10 of GST ). On Zomato.. it's 216..???

I MEAN GST ON ITEM --> INR 8. I am cool with this.
RESTUARENT PACKAGING CHARGE --> INR 30. ( Swiggy doesn't have it but still fine..ish )
WHAT TF IS GST ON RESTAURENT PACKAGING CHARGE...????o_Oo_O.

What's next.. GST ON CHOLE 18%... GST ON BHATURE 18%.. GST ON PANI USED IN COOKING CHOLE BHATURE 18%.:nailbiting:.

With random fees and taxes being levied left and right along with inflated prices on Zomato/Swiggy, it's cheaper for one to go to the restaurant themselves and get takeaway.

Swiggy does have packaging charges, they are yet to implement GST on that.

Being a regular swiggy one user for 3 years helps me save a ton of time.

Both players are yet to break even so far, they have to find ways to make that extra cash.

With random fees and taxes being levied left and right along with inflated prices on Zomato/Swiggy, it's cheaper for one to go to the restaurant themselves and get takeaway.
Also pricing is very different if we buy directly from restaurant vs swiggy/zomato pricing
you will save 15-25% on food cost

I have ditched zomato since 2 yrs for their ever costly bills + shit offers.
What I get in swiggy for Rs. 200 easily cost 290+ on zomato. Heck! in peak hours, half restaurants on zomato dont take orders while on swiggy 40%+ of those restaurants are still taking orders...

Also, zomao membership is simply trash but had an awesome time wth swiggys old membership which now has become costly and not as vfm as it used to be earlier...

Swiggy any day has 15+ offers on many cards/upis while zomato doesn't stand a chance.

Zomat has simply become another adani/reliance shit!

Its like APple phones, only such people will order from zomato who has zero knowledge of what is swiggy is capable of.

Back