GTA IV - PC or PS3

samueldotj

Disciple
I am planning to buy GTA IV. But got confused whether to get a PC version(Pentium D, 2GB, 8600GT) or a PS3 version. Any suggestion?

Is there restriction on multi-player mode on PS3 compared to PC?

Thanks
Sam

The PC version costs a lot lesser but wont run well with those specs, your view distance is going to be miserable if you are to have acceptable frame rates. Get the PS3 version, if you are looking for MP, its going to be a lot smoother too. The PC version requires you to have signed into GFWL and Rockstar Social Club, added annoyance.

Dude, dont ever opt to buy the crap ported game :( PC version totally SUCKS ! even with 5 patches there no sys on this planet that can max out.

Go for the PS3 version u can also play online which is much more better than Single Player

& also an HD resolution on ur PS3 :)

Happy gaming mate :)

Contrary to what people claim, the best version is the PC version, provided you have the proper hardware. But judging from your configuration, it won't run properly at all. So you'll be better off with the PS3 version.

ok ps3 version it is then. Sony showroom says 2.5K for it. I remember seeing it for 1.5k in Landmark - can somebody confirm the correct price?

I own both PS3 and PC versions of the game. Console versions of GTA4 is crap. The graphics are so blurry and frame rates so inconsistent that it was very difficult for me to play the game on PS3. My eyes could not even focus on the game.

PC version is much better if you have an avg graphics card and a decent CPU (this game is more CPU intensive than GPU). I am not sure how well it will run on your config, but at medium texture setting and 1680 x 1050, it looked a tonne better than the PS3 version and more importantly playable.

If you do not have sufficient PC hardware to play the game, then my recommendation is that you save that cash for some other PC or PS3 game. Buy GTA4 PC when you have a rig good enough to play it. You are not going to loose out much by not playing GTA4 on the consoles.

hector19 said:
Dude, dont ever opt to buy the crap ported game PC version totally SUCKS ! even with 5 patches there no sys on this planet that can max out.

Runs pretty stable on my rig without a single patch. You just need a powerful CPU (read overclocked) and an avg GPU.

hector19 said:
also an HD resolution on ur PS3

What HD resolution? It barely runs at its native resolution of 630p on PS3 (and the FPS still dips below 30FPS). Its not even 720p to call to fairly call it HD.

pc version of a game is > console version of any game provided u have a good 'nuff PC.

I played GTAIV on my rig 44+ fps all times (all high) so it was super for me. Gotta be one of the best games i've played :)

Not sure about you people, GTA is one of those games that is an experience, its merit was never graphics. Sure its demotivating to play on consoles with lesser detail than a mid range PC, but that does not make the game unplayable, I haven't had any frame rate loss in GTA IV on PS3. Some of you are fortunate enough to own both, a decent PC and a console, it would make more sense for you people to get the PC version, seeing as how it costs less and looks better.

I wouldn't wanna miss out on a game that scored 9/10 in most reviews and got GOTY, I'd imagine its the same with the topic starter. Get the PS3 version dude. ;]

Ethan_Hunt said:
Contrary to what people claim, the best version is the PC version, provided you have the proper hardware. But judging from your configuration, it won't run properly at all. So you'll be better off with the PS3 version.

ha :rofl:

i have i7 920 with 6gd ddr3 ram 1gd gtx285

still its creap:mad:

akarsh said:
ha :rofl:

i have i7 920 with 6gd ddr3 ram 1gd gtx285

still its creap:mad:
and have you played the PS3 version? :p

I have a 360, and believe me, it looks shit compared to the PC version. I can natively get 1920x1080 on the PC, while the console is upscaled to 1080p. The texture pop-in (and out) and the slow draw distance is present on the console as well. I have completed GTA IV on PC without much issues. If you aren't FRAPS numbers freak, then it's very much playable. ;)

Back