Graphic Cards gtx 460 1gb SLI heating problem :(

fatjivi

Disciple
i recently shifted from intel dx58so to sabertooth x58

i have gtx 460 1gb SLI sonfig...now in my intel board the pci spacing was excellent and i had no problems

on my sabertooth my gpu's r hugging each other causing top card to heat due to lack of circulation

as u can c in the msi afterburner the temp difference between both gpu's is more than 10 C under load :(

plz suggest some solution :(

Insufficient air circulation inside the case? What case are you using? Number of intake/exhaust fans?

Well I guess bad luck. The board is spaced out like that. Maximum you can do is keep the RMP high on the slave GPU.

Also you can put in some high RPM fans to the chassis.

HAF 922 cabby

INTAKE FANS- 230mm front fan,2x120mm side fans,120mm bottom fan

Exhaust FANS-230mm top fan,120mm rear fan

i think cooling is excellent...as for psu it is not horrible!!!!its not as good as corsair but a 750 watts cm gx can easily pull off gtx 460 sli

so these r not the problems

im pretty sure it coz of no spacing between gpu's

other ppl with sli on sabertooth have similar complaints on other forums

also i came across this product

will it fit my SLI setup??and my palit gpu is non reference model as u can c in the pic...its shorter than zotac one which is longer

can i buy two of these coolers for my SLI setup???

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_&mID=619

You look like you have 2 different type of 460 1gb cards (no issue just that I can see that the cooler on them is different) try swapping the cards and see if that helps any. your cables are a big of a mess you might want to tuck them behind and try a little cable management will definetly help. Mention what case you are using and what fans you have running in it and in what config (how many blowing air out and how many pulling air in).

ive sorted the wires now

these r a bit old pics

ive tried swapping the gpus...no effect on temps...the top gpu runs hotter no matter what i use :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

this was my old intel mobo

c how good the spacing is here :(

Run the combination which keeps the difference minimum, run the sidefans on your 922 to blow air onto the gpu. What sort of fan setup do you have on your case. All you can do at this point is have fans blowing on the hot card.

the fans r blowing the air in only from sides

they r cooling the gpu as much as they can :(

plz someone tell me about the artic cooler which ive posted in my previous post???

The upper card has very little room for air intake...

Those accelero's are tall and you wont be able to fit on them on the cards. they are 56mm tall.

Are the temps too high on load that you need an aftermarket ?.....

ive posted a pic of afterburner temps...max temps in the pic were after vantage run

acclero comes with a 460 retention kit also but sadly its not for SLI i think coz it needs 3 pci slots :(

Run each card singularly and check the temperatures. Meaning non-SLI. Only one accelerator plugged in. You might have a hot chip. But the closeness of those two GPUs makes me doubt that. Sabertooth is a no-no now for SLI/Xfire.

+ 1 to Zloyd !

Swap the cards...:)

Put the Zotac ( reference design and hotter card) below the Non-reference card ( is it a palit ? ) and turn up the fans to 60-70%.

Should help out significantly with temps i feel. The top card is always going to run hotter but 8-10 degrees is ok.. any more and its time to make changes.

I have 2 machines with 460's in Sli and they are stuck to each other too... but they run pretty cool.. Top card is hotter but thats ok , like i said if its a few degrees then its ok. 15-20 degrees and id be worried. Also the 2 cards that you do have arnt the ones that have the best cooling. Palit i remember got a ton of flack for its cooler design.

Also try and put your card on the last slot if your case has the slots to accommodate a dual slot card if placed in the last Pci-E Slot.

Hope you get your problems sorted :)

Cheers and kind regards !

ive tried swapping positions...top card always run hot

and theres no point in running single gpu...they r both ok

i mentioned in earlier post that i had intel dx58so till last month and they ran great on that board

ive already discussed this with ppl here...plz do read earlier posts of mine and other people

what i need to know is what air coolers can i get for my gtx 460 sli???

@toolius

what kind of crazy config u have :eek:

do u have all the stuff in ur sign :eek:

that must have cost something like 10 lakhs

i did read your earlier posts .. notice i said +1 to zloyd :p

Yeah i do have all that hardware. Dunno about the cost.. too scared to do the math :p

Cheers and kind regards !

yeah ive already tried swapping gpu's...didnt make a difference

i need to know about some aftermarket coolers which r SLI compatible and will suit my needs

thnx

Can you put the card on the last ( black ) pci-e slot ? i know some cases wont allow that and also sometimes the card hits some usb/firewire connectors but is it possible for you to do ?

Still hunting for Sli capable 3rd party coolers.. :)

cheers and kind regards !

black slot is 16x running at 4x...plus my psu is blocking it :(

thnx for putting the effort of looking...will really appreciate if u find anything :)

Back