Hair fall?

I recently shifted to a new home, and this place has a lot of iron in the water.
Of late I've witnessed a rise in hair fall - especially as I had slightly longer than usual hair. Just got a haircut now to not be as alarmed by hairfall.

Anyone knows any tricks / products that might help with the issue?

I have resolved most of my problems in life by first educating myself and then following the approach based on my understanding. However I have found it really hard to educate myself on hairfall as there is just so so so much of false info out there.

Does anyone know any good books i can read to educate myself on the science of hairfall?

I have resolved most of my problems in life by first educating myself and then following the approach based on my understanding. However I have found it really hard to educate myself on hairfall as there is just so so so much of false info out there.

Does anyone know any good books i can read to educate myself on the science of hairfall?
You dont need books. Just follow a good diet and sleeping habits. Any stress physical or mental will lead to hairloss. Ofcourse genetics also play a vital role.

It looks like it is because of hard water. For immediate relief, wash your hairs just 3 days a week and use boiled water. Boil the water for a few minutes and let it cool, the mineral will settle down at the bottom. Use the water free of minerals to wash your hairs. Some other tips,
~Don't use hot water to wash hairs even in winters. Use water at moderate temperature.
~Don't use shampoos. They are the worst. For the time being, use Johnson baby soap to wash your hairs and stay away from the BS recommended by the shit tuber.
~Products, special oils don't help much in hair loss, stay away from them. Just oil your hairs normally with virgin coconut oil or olive oil sometimes.
~Get enough sleep and don't bur midnight oil.
~Eat a diet full of fruits and vegetables. It does work sometimes magically in case of hair whitening. Should help in hair loss too.

It works in case of weight loss where the science depends a bit less on your genetics. Hair loss is all about genetics, my grandfather was 87 and he his head was full of hairs while 2-3 of my friends lost a lot of their hairs even before they reached 30. You cannot do much here. I also recommend doing hair transplant which is the only way to reverse hair loss. If someone is having balding issues at his forehead or top of the head while rest of the head is good then nothing can come close to a hair transplant.

Interesting, I thought only celebrities and super rich could afford this... Do you know ballpark how much does it cost? 5 lakh? 50 lakhs? Or 5 crores?
It depends on the number of grafts. One graft has one or more hairs. So, it could be 10k -5 lakh depending on the clinic and the number of grafts. One can also use a hair patch although it has a slightly odd looking hairline on a man's head and hairstyle is same for everyone. But only a person who knows about hair patches can identify it (still not that easy) and for others, patches are just beautiful, shiny, natural hairs.

1st of all we should stop over thinking of our hairfall and genetics also play a major role but its according to age and if its too much hairfall at a younger age then its definetly some kind of bacteria which need some strong medication prescribed by a Trichologist or at least a Dermatologist. Prevention is better than cure but since OP has started this thread so only containment is now only option.
Need to eat fruits, eggs, green vegetables and take the medication until the problem gets sorted out unless its hereditary.

Back