Happy Father's Day

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All.

This was long overdue.

Thanks to my father, i was introduced to PC's from ~89. In a commodore 64 form. I had no idea what it was. The paddle game using the single button joystick was extremely fun. I was hooked. He got us 386, 3.5" FDD, 486, p1 166, 8x CD ROM, p2 & Creative multimedia kits,14" microtek color monitor, p3 upgrade, yamaha and sony CD burners, numerous blank discs, Creative awe64, cambridge 4.1, to his last upgrade for us - the p4 1.6 ghz with a 17" monitor with Samsung multimedia keyboard. He gave in to me and my elder bros numerous strikes, lies and what nots.

My eldest brother wanted to buy him a Macbook Pro. well i don't have that kinda money. :mad:. Told him if u do that, will NEVER EVER forgive you.

He wanted to club the purchase. But i wanted it my own. Just wanted to.

So moved my tablet purchase and got a Toshiba c660. Dad's uses are just browsing, office apps, connect camera and see the pics, voice and video chat.

I earlier bought similar laptop for a friend of mine so knew the stuff and i got a nice deal from letsbuy so went ahead and got one for myself..

I know it might be not equivalent to what some people might gift their fathers. But this means a lot to me. not talking abt the money. :D

So here are the pics. :D

19072011140 by m-jeri, on Flickr

19072011148 by m-jeri, on Flickr

With my Dell 15R

19072011144 by m-jeri, on Flickr

Just a lone Intel sticker. The keyboard is a delight to use

19072011143 by m-jeri, on Flickr

The Freebies

19072011149 by m-jeri, on Flickr

Damages - 16.8k shipped. Orig price 18k. Now its 18.5k

Thanks for watching.

m-J

tomemmanuel said:
I do appreciate,:D Me father of two

When time comes. ull be received maybe a nano-top with holographic display and storage. :D

xtremevicky said:
Well done mate :)

Good Purchase and it is a very good gift :)

Appreciate it. :D

raptor3624 said:
congratulations to your dad.

Hehehehehe. Will tell him. :D.

Emperor said:
Wow,

Nice gift from Prince to his King :)

My Good Wishes

A prince to his king. wooha.

Well every mans his own king r8?.

Thanks mate,

Congrat jeri, Am sure ur dad will be very delighted...

I miss the days when our parents bought all the $hitty excuses we gave them for pc upgrades... I still have a feeling my dad knows about all the lies i used to tell him but somehow he always gave me whatever I wanted...

Hope u become as good of a father as ur dad was and then probably u will also get the nanao-top u were talkin about in some post of yours :bleh: (just kiddin am sure ur a really good dad or will be)

toxicdrift said:
killer purchase jeri! great gift :)

Thanks zoheb. :D

lida said:
Congrat jeri, Am sure ur dad will be very delighted...

I miss the days when our parents bought all the $hitty excuses we gave them for pc upgrades... I still have a feeling my dad knows about all the lies i used to tell him but somehow he always gave me whatever I wanted...

Hope u become as good of a father as ur dad was and then probably u will also get the nanao-top u were talkin about in some post of yours :bleh: (just kiddin am sure ur a really good dad or will be)

Heheheh, yeah. Those excuses were SO lame.

I once told i need 2 GB ram to run Turbo C++ when was in 11th. Evil me. :D.

m-jeri said:
Thanks zoheb. :D
Heheheh, yeah. Those excuses were SO lame.

I once told i need 2 GB ram to run Turbo C++ when was in 11th. Evil me. :D.

I explained to my DAD how important was a graphic card for running a PARTICULAR Software that was used in college and he got it for me... I also explained to him how critical RAM was for system and needed atleast 1Gb to run basic windows xp on my system as my system was gettin outdated... My dad got worried and bought me a laptop... I still have that laptop with me...

Well done buddy.

Well I have a kid who is just 10 year old - I have to wait long for this kind of gift - so sad :( . Wish he grows up quick and surprise me with this kind of gifts :) .

Back