Has anyone placed orders for shoes on Nike.com to ship to India? Do the shipments get charged with import duties?

Digigear

Disciple
Hi I want to get a pair of Nike shoes that are unfortunately unavailable in the size that I require in the stores nearby.

The Nike official store (Nike.com) has the item in INR and it is the same amount as the stores here. But the items apparently get shipped from the US, or at least from outside the country.

I contacted their support to enquire about customs and import duties and their rep was well informed and ensured you only pay the amount on the checkout page. The shipping charges come to INR 750 and that's it.

I asked her what happens if the delivery partner asks for customs charges during delivery and she said that I can raise a ticket and get it resolved. And then she pointed to this page on the site which says:-

DOES MY NIKE ORDER TOTAL INCLUDE DUTIES AND TAXES?

"Yes, any applicable duties or taxes are included in your order total during checkout. We calculate duties and taxes according to the laws governing the delivery address. And please note, we don't accept tax-exempt orders."

So I should be good right?

Well let's see. I already placed the order and the delivery date is nearly a month away. If anything i will come to know what happens.

In the mean time I wanted to ask if anyone has already done this before and what your experience was.

Thanks.

The Nike official store (Nike.com) has the item in INR and it is the same amount as the stores here. But the items apparently get shipped from the US, or at least from outside the country.
Then if those items are available in local stores why risk ordering from US? If any item is oos locally you can request them for availability.

Like i m
Then if those items are available in local stores why risk ordering from US? If any item is oos locally you can request them for availability.
Like i mentioned they don't carry the size (UK 11.5). And they may get additional stock later but they said that the color that I wanted comes only 3 months from now. And the price on the site is identical with the only change being that it has the 750 rupees delivery fee. That's not a big deal for me. And the best part is their 30 days free returns that i can use to return the item free of charge for any reason. So if the fit isn't right i can return without any worries. I don't believe the local store a offer that.

I have ordered several items which are not sold in India. Below points are not intended to discourage but be prepared on what's in store when you import into the country.

1) None of those websites will quote a price other than product+shipping. They will add a disclaimer regarding import duties and taxes is dependent on the country.

2) I have paid duties ranging from 28-42% for every single item imported since 2021. Off late, customs have become very aggressive and slapping duties every single item entering the country. This wasn't the case pre-pandemic times.

3) If shipped via FedEx or DHL, you are required to produce KYC documents. I ordered a pouch from Bellroy Australia a couple of days ago, my shipment is stuck as I need to upload documents beyond KYC like gas or internet bill (pathetic!)

I have ordered several items which are not sold in India. Below points are not intended to discourage but be prepared on what's in store when you import into the country.

1) None of those websites will quote a price other than product+shipping. They will add a disclaimer regarding import duties and taxes is dependent on the country.

2) I have paid duties ranging from 28-42% for every single item imported since 2021. Off late, customs have become very aggressive and slapping duties every single item entering the country. This wasn't the case pre-pandemic times.

3) If shipped via FedEx or DHL, you are required to produce KYC documents. I ordered a pouch from Bellroy Australia a couple of days ago, my shipment is stuck as I need to upload documents beyond KYC like gas or internet bill (pathetic!)
While most of what you said here is true, none of this is applicable to nike's online store which has the duties already included

Last edited:
While most of what you said here is true, none of this is applicable to nike's online store which has the duties already included
I think these renowned brands have some setting or relaxed rules globally esp. since these brands are used by pro players hence customs might not be looking into them with ahem angles!

Give this brand your attention.. way ahead of Nike/Adidas!
I really wanna thank you for this comment. I started looking tinto their products and I love what I noticed.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Cumulus 23 MK and Nimbus 24. I'll try them both and return one of them.

I'll maybe get the Novablast 3 when it comes out too.

Aa for my Nike order update, the order for delivered within 10 days (via Aramex) with no additional charges post checkout. Yes the delivery was rs 750 but it's worth it for a direct from Nike order with all their options that exist in their main site.

I got the Nike free 5.0 2021 and i loved it when i first tried it. But i wore it for a few hours yesterday and i can't help but notice how narrow the toe box is. I feel like i always wear normal width shoes but this toe area was narrow for me.

I need to give it another shot and take it for a few runs. The nice thing is that they come with a 30 days free return policy. As do the Asics but only with a 7 day return policy.

I'll mainly use the Nike for daily casual wear because of how not durable their outer sole is. I just wanted a comfy daily casual.

The Asics tho have really impressed me with how durable they seem.

I really wanna thank you for this comment. I started looking tinto their products and I love what I noticed.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Cumulus 23 MK and Nimbus 24. I'll try them both and return one of them.

Aa for my Nike order update, the order for delivered within 10 days (via Aramex) with no additional charges post checkout. Yes the delivery was rs 750 but it's worth it for a direct from Nike order with all their options that exist in their main site.

I got the Nike free 5.0 2021 and i loved it when i first tried it. But i wore it for a few hours yesterday and i can't help but notice how narrow the toe box is. I feel like i always wear normal width shoes but this toe area was narrow for me.

I need to give it another shot and take it for a few runs. The nice thing is that they come with a 30 days free return policy. As do the Asics but only with a 7 day return policy.

I'll mainly use the Nike for daily casual wear because of how not durable their outer sole is. I just wanted a comfy daily casual.

Question here, how would you return the Nike shoes back to US in case you don’t find the fit right? The charges would be crazy not to mention if it actually reaches them or not.

Question here, how would you return the Nike shoes back to US in case you don’t find the fit right? The charges would be crazy not to mention if it actually reaches them or not.
Their returns are free. Once you initiate the return, they will send you a return label and you just print it and slap it on the box and have it be picked up or have someone pick up from home. I am guessing it'll be the latter.

Their site's return policy states this clearly.

There is a day and night difference between the ASICS that I bought from US and the one I had bought through Amazon recently. The Amazon bought ASICS is made in India and is heavy and if you have a wide toe you will not feel comfortable, or atleast the model I bought was like that. The shoe is hard and not flexible. I returned it immediately. Try it and see if it works for you.

One other thing to note which I found out only later was that, the delivery address should match the address mentioned in the ID proof submitted to clear customs. The address in the ID proof I submitted was not the delivery address and that caused even more delays. Just FYI.

Hi I want to get a pair of Nike shoes that are unfortunately unavailable in the size that I require in the stores nearby.

I contacted their support to enquire about customs and import duties and their rep was well informed and ensured you only pay the amount on the checkout page. The shipping charges come to INR 750 and that's it.

I asked her what happens if the delivery partner asks for customs charges during delivery and she said that I can raise a ticket and get it resolved. And then she pointed to this page on the site which says:-

DOES MY NIKE ORDER TOTAL INCLUDE DUTIES AND TAXES?

"Yes, any applicable duties or taxes are included in your order total during checkout. We calculate duties and taxes according to the laws governing the delivery address. And please note, we don't accept tax-exempt orders."

So I should be good right?

Well let's see. I already placed the order and the delivery date is nearly a month away. If anything i will come to know what happens.

In the mean time I wanted to ask if anyone has already done this before and what your experience was.

Thanks.
I have placed an order today, expecting delivery around April end.
If you have received your order… maybe I know did you pay anything?

I have placed an order today, expecting delivery around April end.
If you have received your order… maybe I know did you pay anything?
Oh I got everything as expected. I paid nothing more than what was on the checkout page. Delivery was handled by Aramex and Dehlivery I think. Came quickly, faster than promised at the time of order confirmation.

I also ended up returning the shoes. The Free model was a bit too narrow on the toe box. And the returns were free. Got the item picked up for free and got refunded the whole amount minus the Rs.750 shipping.

I ended up getting the Puma Velocity Nitro for 4.5k on Flipkart and damn these are comfy, and at less than half the price of the Nikes I had ordered too!

Don't worry, your order will arrive safely. Hopefully you like yours better. Enjoy them!

Back