Has anyone used the Oura ring, Utrahuman ring or other such ring devices?

ajish65

Patron
Saw the Ultrahuman ring on Amazon a few days back and it got me wondering about the usefulness of it. With the price, I would think most people would just opt for a smartwatch in the same range.

Regardless, I wanted to know from any users what the experience and utility was like. How does it compare to a smartwatch?

Using Oura ring for more than a year now, and paying for subscription as well. It has been quite useful to me, I tried various fitness bands and watches before, but nothing is close in convince as a ring, especially while sleeping, working out etc.

So, I would say if you are serious about your health, and want that little bit of extra help and support. Go for it!

Using Oura ring for more than a year now, and paying for subscription as well. It has been quite useful to me, I tried various fitness bands and watches before, but nothing is close in convince as a ring, especially while sleeping, working out etc.

So, I would say if you are serious about your health, and want that little bit of extra help and support. Go for it!
Thanks for your response!

What all is included in the subscription? What would you say are the advantages and disadvantages of subscription?

Have you tried any other ring devices? I believe the Ultrahuman one doesn't have a subscription model, so kind of leaning towards that, personally.
You can also wait and check the reviews of the new samsung galaxy ring.
Oh I did not know this was coming! This would be great as I'm already in the Samsung ecosystem. Hope it's gonna be ok price-wise.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response!

What all is included in the subscription? What would you say are the advantages and disadvantages of subscription?

Have you tried any other ring devices? I believe the Ultrahuman one doesn't have a subscription model, so kind of leaning towards that, personally.

Oh I did not know this was coming! This would be great as I'm already in the Samsung ecosystem. Hope it's gonna be ok price-wise.

It include all the advance metrics, like HRV tracking, Resilience, Heart Health, Daytime stress etc.

I have not actually, so I can't say about others.

Samsung should be at a good price when it launches in India. Let's see.

But overall, the form factor and utility is much better in a ring form than any other forms I have tried.

I had tried and returned one of the early ones sold locally.

It is difficult to gauge how good the metrics are in general. The Samsung one is grossly overpriced and being Samsung, the metrics will probably be not much better than their watches.

As a form factor, the expectation is for it to at least have vibrators or notification LEDs to add some smart functionality. The only benefit the ring has is for sleep tracking as it is much more discrete. Otherwise at this point, it isn't worth it going for this form factor compared to a smart watch, until it matures significantly, especially considering activity tracking.

vibrators or notification LEDs to add some smart functionality
Yes this was my initial thought when I heard the term 'smart ring' for the first time. But it seems they are more like fitness bands sans the screen.

Over time though I have gotten interested in the tracking aspects, though you mention they are not that good with Samsung. You found the watches to be inaccurate? Also, how would one go about measuring the accuracy of the metrics?

Back