OC & Modding Haswell Prelude Build Log 2.0 Water Cooled

farookh

Disciple
Hi Guys,
After a few years of no major upgrades on my system i thought it was about time i get my system ready for the Next GEN Haswell cpus.

So my quest begins today with the arrival of this huge box from Snapdeal.

img6192q.jpg

img6193r.jpg

img6194r.jpg

img6195c.jpg

img6196j.jpg

img6200zt.jpg

img6204q.jpg

Lots of new stuff in the mail will keep updating as I receive them.
Also this is going to be a clean simple build no fancy stuff. Also as of now going to be using lots of my old stuff like Motherboard CPU and Ram unless GIGABYTE OR ASUS want to send me some free stuff.

Some Stuff that came in today. Keyboard Mouse Radiator
img6269e.jpg

img6271ew.jpg

img6222.JPG

No Place for Push Pull Fans. The Cosmos II is not so big after all will have to make do with Pull on this on the 240 will do push pull.

img6229h.jpg

img6219qv.jpg

img62521.jpg

Got the G9x mouse for Rs.500/- and the Sidewinder X6 for Rs.1500/- Steal deals

SSDs in tommorow hopefully.

Sorry Guys got those from a guy who closed shop and was liquidating all his stuff.

Fans, some leds and connectors in today. (still no sign of the main box looks like it's stuck in customs)
6x120mm NF-F12 pwm focused flow
2x140mm NF-P14 FLX
img20130611182002.jpg

img20130611184716.jpg

img20130611182255.jpg

img20130611182342.jpg

img20130611182123.jpg

Board & CPU come in today from US thanks to my good friend Sameer

yh2a.jpg

nz2n.jpg

i7-4770k

xiph.jpg

ASROCK Z87 Professional
dwbe.jpg

Got the 660GTX real cheap with the above bundle.
i25r.jpg

No More waiting all stuff came in today, hopefully by SUNDAY rig will be up and running.

Customs Finally decided COMPASSION DAY was the day to be compassionate to me and release my stuff so here goes.

This was the stuff from the last box.
muec.jpg

Laing D5 Strong pump will be running this at18v

ec2c.jpg

Alphacool CPU Block Nexxxos Black Chrome xp3

q8n6.jpg

D5 Pump Base comes with flow meter temp sensor aquabus port

673m.jpg

Aqualis Res made from Borosilicate Glass with nano coating and water fall effect
blp1.jpg

Finally some Mayhem Aurora got red and green

c347.jpg

Update:
Had some issues with the cpu block and mounting of the res so had my good friend waterjet a bracket for the pump and res.
Since i could'nt do ne hardware stuff decided to load windows and see what the cpu could do with the intel hsf (its so small)

First impression board is very very stable, overclocking is a breeze even beginners with no oc experience will be pleased with the results. (default oc voltage a bit on the higher side for my cpu needed 1.2v for 4.4ghz asrock was 1.3v)
I could boot into windows at 4.6ghz but temps were just too much for the intel hsf to handle.

Settled for 4.4 till the watercooling is done.

vus.png

Asrock did a good job with bundling the raid bios into the uefi, this help ultrafast boot times to drop by 5secs.
Also if you guys are not using INTEL RAPID START i advise you to go thru the trouble with making the new partition and enabling rapid start as it makes a major difference in shutdown and boot times. Mine restarts with UltraFast boot enabled to under 5secs and a full restart from power off is 15sec this is excellent for raid setups as normally the raid bios delays the boot by 5-8secs.

Also i got this from ebay for $10 its a intel wifi card with widi 1080p support.
Driver was a pain to get installed but the final result was pretty amazing full 1080p wireless into my bedroom.

qx56.jpg

jmro.jpg
z28w.jpg

Bracket came in so can now go ahead with the mounting

7mdg.jpg

Thanks guys. Mav2000 have been closely following your build too looks great loved the sleeving.

Just finished mounting the res. Still got to do the leds. The res has slots for 6 leds underneath so u can have some light into the water.

Here a sneak peak of todays work done.
With this bracket didnt have to drill a single hole in the cosmos cabinet
5ozg.jpg

2thq.jpg

8s2e.jpg

This is what the leds look like in the res.

vxr2.jpg

yvep.jpg

l4pc.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1373555219][/DOUBLEPOST]Also got some of these UV slot protectors looks damn cool cant really seem to capture it on cam but you can still get an idea still got to find a good place to hide the UV tubes.

p9cy.jpg

zbsx.jpg

Hi Farookh Sir,
Long time since we have seen you in action.;). The rig is coming along very nicely.
I am gonna build a LC rig soon as well. Plus I am gonna go for a custom case. I have been looking at Frozen CPU as they look to have the most vast collection of LC and modding stuff available under one roof. One of my friends will be coming back from US in October and I was thinking of getting all the stuff via him. Is this stuff too heavy or something that the customs people will create a problem about. I am gonna buy 2 Dual 120 Rads. My Res and Pump are very small as this is a mini-ITX build I am working on.
Also I wanted to ask that do the compression fittings also need to be of the same material as the block and rad so as there is no metal mixing. I am gonna use a Silver Coil in distilled water as a Biocide and I was hoping I didn't have to add an anti-corrosive. I have heard there are Silver Compression fittings available. Will those be fine or should I choose copper fittings if those are available since my block and rad are gonna be copper based.
This is gonna be my first LC build and I am doing my due diligence but a little advice will really benefit me. TIA.

Frozen CPU is good, also try SideWinder Computers, Gary is a very helpful chap and ships fast.(Got most of my Stuff from him)
Yeah sure your friend can carry the stuff down should be around 4-5 kgs all the stuff put together.

5Ghz so close yet so far just did 4950mhz

v8n4.png

This is what the AquaSuite Software looks like still got to configure all the stuff.

tcdf.png

Back