Having a central cpu in the house

Hi

I was just wondering and this might be ridiculous but just wanted to know what your thoughts are

Is it possible for me to just have 1 " more powerful central cpu" in the house and just access it as a server or remote desktop from other less powerful cheap Chromebooks or android machines in the house?

Would it work smoothly now especially given faster wifi availability in the house? Will it be smoother than the cheaper on machine cpu exactly experience or the remote will be smoother given a more potent central machine?

Hi,
What you are looking for is fat server thin client setup, but I dont think it works over wifi, if you dont mind me asking what will be the typical usage of such setup?

Regards

Hi,
What you are looking for is fat server thin client setup, but I dont think it works over wifi, if you dont mind me asking what will be the typical usage of such setup?

Regards
I haven't thought about it too much.. Just an idea that came to me

I was thinking of using it for browsing some movie watching etc on the other computers at a higher smoothness and speed their inbuilt cpu can perform at

I haven't thought about it too much.. Just an idea that came to me

I was thinking of using it for browsing some movie watching etc on the other computers at a higher smoothness and speed their inbuilt cpu can perform at
Movie watching has more to do with the GPU (integrated or discrete) than CPU these days. Pretty much every GPU has a hardware acceleration block for video decode/encode.

What you are describing only works for certain CPU intensive workloads like rendering which can easily be divided into smaller blocks. For client workloads like browsing or video playback, this doesn't help.

It will work, no problem you need to visualize it and setup multiple host machines of choice thats what WFH is .. when you are keeping the CPu at home no issues of latency etc for movie watching plex need to be setup on it

Back