PC Peripherals HDD low performance?

archish

Skilled
I installed Sandra and viewed my drive details and it showed that my drive is having low performance due to acoustic management. I am using Samsung HDD.

kindly tell me how to change it to performance mode. Thanks

sis9qi.gif

archish said:
I installed Sandra and viewed my drive details and it showed that my drive is having low performance due to acoustic management. I am using Samsung HDD.

kindly tell me how to change it to performance mode. Thanks

This is the feature of a drive which makes it run silent - some drives allow this feature to be changed by the users and some dont. You should check on Samsung's site for this information about your drive.

I use Maxtor drives which allow me to switch the Acoustic Management feature off - I use a Hitachi software (which works on all drives) and this allows acoustic management to be turned off on the Maxtors - do a search for "Hitachi Feature Tool" in case you dont find a Samsung software.

The screenshot shows ur drive is running un UDMA2 mode....which probably means u have the 40 conductor ide cable....use the 80 conductor cable to run the hdd in UMDA5...and then check the performance again

^^ Yup, if u r using a 40 pin cable, get a 80 pin cable...restart, make the BIOS detect ur HDD again...then go to system properties>hardware>Device manager>IDE ATA?ATAPI Controllers|Advanced settings and verify if UDMA5 is being used for the channel (I'll assume u have it on the primary channel) that ur drive is on

sunnydiv said:
how to get 80

Nowdays most mother boards come with ATA100 80 wire cables .... they have been for years .... most 80 wire cables are stiff - meaning that if you turn them at a sharp right angle they maintain that position and do not straighten out on their own. I have some Intel original 80 wire cables that are NOT stiff - these are the BEST made flat cables I have ever seen.

Back