WTB HDD mounting slide rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzsa1994

Disciple
Looking for 4-5 pairs of HDD mounting slide rails, just like the ones in the pics.

IMG_20221119_203419.jpg
IMG_20221119_203348.jpg

IMG_20221119_203232.jpg

Last edited:
See if you get the stl file for it, if you do you can get them 3D printed, perhaps.
Actually I was thinking the same because I can just model them in sketchup or 3ds max and export them as stl, but my only concern is that will it have enough strength ?

Last edited:
Actually I was thinking the same because I can just model them in sketchup or 3ds max and export them as stl, but my only concern is that will it have enough strength ?
Sorry, just realised I did not reply to your msg. 3D printed stuff can be pretty strong. I once printed something around this size and it was pretty sturdy.

Sorry, just realised I did not reply to your msg. 3D printed stuff can be pretty strong. I once printed something around this size and it was pretty sturdy.
I have created the 3d model of the bracket and passed it to a FM with 3d printer it might take him sometime.

Therefore in the meantime bumping up this thread just in case someone have them lying around.

Possible to share, on say, thingverse ?

Initially I modeled the actual bracket (the one on the right) but then I decided to modify it slightly (the one on left) in order to keep it more sturdy.

1677698193110.png

The one on the right is NZXT's stock bracket design and one on the left is modified version.

Original version have a small tip in front which sets in a small notch in the hdd cage, measuring 2mm width x 2.5mm length and 1.5mm height and I believe it is not sturdy.
1677698599664.jpeg
1677698614755.jpeg

So I added a wider and longer tip which sets under a custom holding bracket, I plan to flatten those small notches in hdd cage and screw that custom holding bracket in their place.

1677698842999.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back