PC Peripherals HDD Purchase

Mr_funfuse

Disciple
Hi , I currenty am using a 120 gig / seagate (7200 rmp) . I am off to get a additional drive. Another 120. I had a few queestions here they are.

1) I assume i am on a non- sata drive (called pata ?) does a sata go along with a non - sata drive.

2) I am on a kt4av mobo , as me and lady luck go back long , i threw my manual away a few days ago. So i would like to know if any one has an idea of maximum supported capacity , ie (240 gb. etc)

3) Well hdd's heat up, i am aware of some cooler aparatus available for them. since i ll be adding another one to an existing one , does such a thing really help and is it actually required for a long life of hdd.?

if your case has good ventillation/airflow i dont think you need to bother with any dedicated hdd cooling system.

also i dont think your board has sata port so you ll have to get a normal ide hdd

thanks, just using good ol i box , i really cant vouch for the ventilation on that one ,only standard fans in it. I had another querry. what is 7200.7, .8,.9 etc with respect to drives, any particular ones prefered ?

the 7200.8 has better transfer rates coz of the larger platters so you might want to check it out if it falls in your budget

saw a few reviews the 7200.9 , not a lot of perf diff from 7200.8 .. highest capacity is 500 gigs ;)

Back