Monitors HDMI 19"/17" Monitors

There are no monitors that would give you HDMI in 17"/19" and even 22"... dunno about the latest range from Viewsonic though... The starting HDMI comes in 24" monitors...

Doc Holliday said:
Hi folks,

Getting an HDMI board (MSI). Which are affordable HDMI monitors (17"/19")? Or do I have to set my sights higher?

Why do you want to use HDMI with a Monitor? If its for playing HD content, then a larger screen would be better. A 24" would be future proof with its 1080p support.

If you are just look for quality digital input/output then even DVI will do the trick. If the DVI is HDCP enabled, then you will be able to hook it up to any device capable of playing protected HD content with either a HDMI or DVI out.

get yourself the samsung LA26R71B monitor. 26" big and outputs 720p only with a maximum resolution of 1366x768. retails for 32k.

no point in getting an LCD TV/Monitor that's smaller than 40" to output at 1080p because you wouldn't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p on an LCD panel that small.

but if you've already got the board and want to still go in for a cheaper solution then check out the Dell SP2008WFP. brand new monitor Dell has released. comes with a HDMI port. So you can watch Hidef content at 720p max and it supports a max res of 1680x1050.

Raghu i selling this monitor for 21K while Dell will coax you into buying it for somewhere in excess of 25k after adding delivery charges while still excluding vat. this is raghu's thread.

but if you still ask me i'd go in for a 40"+ Full HD TV to truly experience and appreciate Hidef content @ 1080p.

Back