Monitors HDMI connection LCD TV and PC display jaggies text

jigarpatel

Disciple
Hi,

I purchased LG 32lg80FR LCD TV and connected it to my computer
having mobo P5E-VM HDMI using hdmi cable.

Now my problem is when i set LCD resolution to 1920x1080 it display jaggies text on screen and when i set it to 1360x768 it displays properly also if i connect it using VGA connection it display text properly.

I am using windows 7 RC build as operating system.

Please help me on correcting Jaggies text on Native Resolution of LCD TV.

Thanks in Advance

Dude, make correction in the Horizontal and Vertical Pixel Density (somewhere in the settings).

My 32LH70YR displays razor sharp images / text.

Just fiddle a bit. Your TV should work best at 1920x1080.

sushantV said:
Dude, make correction in the Horizontal and Vertical Pixel Density (somewhere in the settings).
My 32LH70YR displays razor sharp images / text.

Just fiddle a bit. Your TV should work best at 1920x1080.

1. Are you using HDMI cable to conect to your LCD ?

2. Does you display goes out off screen edge and have to use Just Scan Option in your case ?

jigarpatel said:
1. Are you using HDMI cable to conect to your LCD ?

2. Does you display goes out off screen edge and have to use Just Scan Option in your case ?

1) I have used that as well, but right now I am on DVI to HDMI cable. My HDMI cable had some issues so didnt use that. For sound I am anyway on a dedicated 5.1 system so didnt see any point in using that.

2) You have to use the JUSAT SCAN option to counter compensate the Overscanning thing. You can adjsut the overscanning from the CCC menu, if you are on a ATI system, or through NVIDIA COntrol Panel, if you are on Nvidia. (I have run my system on both the cards).

I have exactly the same problem. I bought a VU 22" TV for dual purpose, but it is all blurred when I use the HDMI cable to connect to the ATI 4850. I have tried every resolution including 1680x1050 and 720p and 1080p. However, it works great when connected via VGA on 1680x1050 (which is the monitors native resolution).

Also, the HDMI cable max's out at 1920x1080. This resolution works great on a 16:9 monitor, but since I have a 16:10 monitor, I just cannot use the HDMI cable for the supported 1920x1200. There is no DVI input on the TV, so Im stuck with the VGA cable for now.

And yes, it is not that the display is going out of the screen, everything displays via HDMI, just blurred to the point of being useless.

sushantV said:
1) I have used that as well, but right now I am on DVI to HDMI cable. My HDMI cable had some issues so didnt use that. For sound I am anyway on a dedicated 5.1 system so didnt see any point in using that.

2) You have to use the JUSAT SCAN option to counter compensate the Overscanning thing. You can adjsut the overscanning from the CCC menu, if you are on a ATI system, or through NVIDIA COntrol Panel, if you are on Nvidia. (I have run my system on both the cards).

I have tried every settings but no use.

One more point to note is when is set 1360x768 resolution using hdmi cable, it display crisp and clear text also "Just Scan" option is gone into TV Settings. Screen feet 1:1 on TV.

I think you are using "Just Scan" means over scanning is happening.
Can you post Image of your TV screen with on desktop right click menu displayed.

Back