HDMI ouput Blackout during power fluctuation

Hi Everyone,
I am observing this ONLY with HDMI .
Whenever my refrigerator or Mixer Grinder turn ON or oFF, HDMI output to Computer monitor or TV will blackout for a moment. I am not having any issue if TV is connected thru composite, or PC monitor with DVI. Its strange. Do anybody seeing same kind of behaviour?
(note: Computer is in UPS network, and TV is separated with Refrigerator in home electrical line (which is with another Circuit Breaker).
Anand

Same issue here as well, I have observed it occurs due to disturbance in the signal, the devices (PC & TV) themselves are always working fine, the TV thinks the input is 'dirty' and hence refreshes the screen. For me it comes only when running in full HD resolution on a LG Tv. HDMI cable length is 15m.

Last edited:
This happens when I connect my PC to the LCD TV through HDMI (a 3m lengthy cable!). When the fridge's compressor kicks in or heck, someone rings the bell, the display goes off for a few seconds. I thought a voltage stabiliser might resolve this issue but it didn't. Despite connecting the TV to the stabiliser, it still happens so disconnected the stabiliser. But it doesn't happen with the PS3/X360 connected to the same display or while watching media through the TV's USB. Strange!

Earthing in my apartment is fine. Just in case someone is about to point that out!

One more victim here. I have been observing this for years without any viable solution in sight. Happens with my all my device connected via HDMI for both my Dell monitor and my LED TV. Quite frankly, I have given up on trying to figure out a fix.

Hah. Same issue here albeit only when the bluray player is connected to the TV. And it's random. Will flicker/blackout for a couple of days, and will run fine for another. Circle again.

I am suspecting HDMI connection only. There is some vulnerability in the lower end HDMI cables. I am sure its not on line voltage fluctuations. Its something to do with EMI generated by other appliances and as axeman pointed out, the TV /Monotor see bad input coming from HDMI and blackout. The device itself is ON only the signal blackout.
Need to investigate this with a high end HDMI cable with proper insulation. Not sure how much it will help.
I have Sony HDMI cables (flat ones).

It could be (just guessing) the frequency of HDMI digital signal directly falls in the band width of EMI signals normally at home environment which add noise in HDMI signal and in turn corrupt the image data and TV see blanks.

updated my earlier post with more data.

No amount of shielding will help, as my current cable was custom made with more than enough shielding and grounding considering the length.

in my hall as, there're these 2 particular switches, of a fan and a light, which when switched ON/OFF, result in the TV skipping the display for a second; though this doesn't happen everytime. had got it rectified once, but the issue surfaced soon again.

also, not directly related, but i thought it to be of enough relevance to be shared here:

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...receiver-processor-owners-stb-connection.html

Back