HDMI To 5 Color HD Ports

mitchp911

Disciple
Hello,
On my laptop I have an HDMI port but my HD-TV does not... I was wondering if there was any cable thats has one end HDMI, one end to the back of my TV. (The 5 port HD video input) Thanks a lot. :)

dude its three vid + 2 audio. Its called component video.

Typically comprises of
1. Stereo Left
2. Stereo Right
3. Component Y /(R)
4. Component pB/cB/(G)
5. Component pR/cR /(B)

Since typically HDMI (CEC 1.1 and above) are HDCP protected (Encrypted). There is no easy way like a HDMI-> DVI/ HDMI -> VGA/ HDMI -> Component converter.

But you do get a VGA to component converter since VGA is component+some syncing n chrominance info, so downgrading from VGA to component is easy. I hope your laptop will also have a plain old VGA port, which you could use to connect to your TV.

If there is no VGa port then there is an interesting alternative called the HDFury dongle. This is basically a HDCP stripper and can decrypt the HDCP encrypted content and give you simple analog output. Check it out here HDfury

I dont know if it is available on our shores, so I guess KMD is the only alternative.

Hope it helps.

youy laptop may have a s-video out port (looks similar to ps2 port). you can get the cable for this to y/pb/pr locally, and then connect the audio out to the stereo l/r ports.

Back