Head-Direct RE262, HifiMAN's Flagship IEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I never said that no duty will be applicable, generally when something is <10k it has a high chance that no duty will be levied.

I have ordered 3-4 things in the past which were <10k but no duty was levied, I didn't want to stretch my luck too much so went ahead with strategy's RE262.

I got charged Rs.1000 for a $130 cable. Didn't get charged customs on a $400 watch strap. Its impossible to say what the customs duty is going to be like.

there is no way to tell whether customs will charge or not .

its a RANDOM process. May be one should place bets on these. :p

But its always safer to undervalue the product. Of course sensibly, if you value a classy looking Phone, at $25 , of course you will be fined.

custom office can open the package to check if they have any doubt about the item so declaration must be proper. If you value a 5KG item at $20, its bound to raise suspicion. I have seen head-direct undervalue their products insanely ! :S they valued my HM602+re262, $1. that's stupid.

strategy said:
there is no way to tell weather customs will charge or not .

its a RANDOM process. May be one should place bets on these. :p

But its always safer to undervalue the product. Of course sensibly, if you value a classy looking Phone, at $25 , of course you will be fined.
custom office can open the package to check if they have any doubt about the item so declaration must be proper. If you value a 5KG item at $20, its bound to raise suspicion. I have seen head-direct undervalue their products insanely ! :S they valued my HM602+re262, $1. that's stupid.
I can clearly see effect of Delhi's weather :bleh:

Ritvik said:
I got charged Rs.1000 for a $130 cable. Didn't get charged customs on a $400 watch strap. Its impossible to say what the customs duty is going to be like.
Exactly! I got charged for $65 uDAC-2 upgrade board at Rs. 800+, Headphone worth $30 declared as Gift was still charged Rs. 550, Cables declared at $40 at Rs. 700 - there's no saying when you'll get charged and for what. I got IEMs declared at $75 without duty though - twice. But that does not mean that I would get lucky next time with an IEM declared at $15 (and actual value is $15 too)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back