Other Headphones supported by different phones.

I have owned many many phones in the past. Currently own a lumia 920, Moto G, motorola Atrix HD, Gionee M2 and a Nexus 7 first gen.

I am not really an audiophile (dont really understand technical terms and not into a particular genre of music) but I love listening to songs whenever I am doing nothing and before falling asleep.

With all the phones Ive owned in the past, one thing Ive never been able to understand is what headphones will work best with a given device.

My lumia supports all the headphones I own.
Moto G behaves well with some and with others it has problems like very low to no base etc. (To be particular, it doesnt support samsung headphones that came with Note 3, but works well with the skullcandy ones)

Arrix Hd works with almost all of them. (Barring one)

Gionee M2 doesnt work with any headset with mic, works with most without mic. (But the audio quality is much subpar as compared to the better branded phones)

The best sounding phones Ive owned till now are the Htc One M7 and Htc 8x. Have owned iphone 5 too. Iphone has the most balanced sound I guess, but the Htc ones have deeper base and are overall louder. (I personally prefer Htc)

I have created this thread for people to share their experiences with different headphones on different handsets, so that other people like me can benefit.

(Hoping there are some people other than me who want to know)

Last edited:
Back