Hell has frozen over - X360 beats PS3 in Japan

Just a while back I heard the PS3 was beating the Wii over there and now this? Wtf happened. Did the X360 get some obscure fetish based game that is to their liking or what?

Also, KK. Did you get to play GOW on the PC yet?

Can it be because there is still no mod available for ps3 whereas 360 can be modded also games that were supposed to be ps3 exclusive are being released on 360.

Not to mention extra epsiodes of GTA 4 for 360 only.

Also existing large library of games which are cheaper than that of ps3.

Lets not forget Miyamoto the creator of Super Mario Bros. said that GTA series would never work in Japan but the game was a huge hit there. So Halo effect can also be the reason.

prabs said:
Can it be because there is still no mod available for ps3 whereas 360 can be modded also games that were supposed to be ps3 exclusive are being released on 360.

Not to mention extra epsiodes of GTA 4 for 360 only.

Also existing large library of games which are cheaper than that of ps3.

Lets not forget Miyamoto the creator of Super Mario Bros. said that GTA series would never work in Japan but the game was a huge hit there. So Halo effect can also be the reason.

I this is the effect of the latest version of Ace Combat. The game is also very highup in the software sales.

Ck Nish said:
Nonsense! Only Americans like shooting stuff up.

Oh.. May I know how you arrived at at conclusion :rofl:

By your logic, most of the guy's here who play shooting games are American and you mean to say that the Japanese don't play a single FPS/TPS game out there.

Oh.. May I know how you arrived at at conclusion

I came to that conclusion using the undeniable veracity of stereotypes.

By your logic, most of the guy's here who play shooting games are American and you mean to say that the Japanese don't play a single FPS/TPS game out there.

Japanese peoples also have ridiculously small houses that can't even accommodate an Xbox . They also only play games featuring huge bug eyed and underage protagonists.

I this is the effect of the latest version of Ace Combat. The game is also very highup in the software sales.

That seems much more plausible.

EDIT: And yes it is.

01. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) - 251,000 / NEW

02. [360] Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Bandai-Namco) - 77,000 / NEW

03. [NDS] Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (Square-Enix) - 51,000 / 193,000

04. [PS2] Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander the 2nd (Banpresto) - 21,000 / NEW

05. [NDS] DS Literature Collection (Nintendo) - 18,000 / 72,000

06. [NDS] DS Nishimura Kyotarou Suspense Detective Series: Deadly Intent (Tecmo) - 18,000 / 115,000

07. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) - 16,000 / 2,182,000

08. [NDS] Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day (Nintendo) - 15,000 / 676,000

09. [NDS] World Soccer Winning Eleven DS: Goal to Goal (Konami) - 15,000 / 44,000

10. [NDS] Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Time Expedition Party (Pokémon) - 14,000 / 552,000

Media Create Sales 10/29 - 11/4 - NeoGAF

I think this is more to do with the customer patience. Japanese might be stuck to products from their own companies, but how long can they hold on to something that is underperforming from a Game collection perspective. We'll know better if the trend continues across the holiday season.

Back