Help - Ebay - Not accepting Credit card

Singam

Disciple
Hi,

Diwali shopping going on:Car3: and so decided to buy Sanyo Battery on ebay.

This is my first time with ebay !

Made the payment with paisa pay and entered the details of my moms citibank credit card went on fine ,but on returning to ebay page this error came up "Your PaisaPay Credit Card/Debit card paymentcannot be completed. Please select a different payment type" ! Tried two times.:mad: no luck yet

To check whether it was a prob with card, i made payment of my telephone bill with the card ! So it confirms that the probs is with ebay and not with citibank

Does the Ebay accept SBI atm cum Debit card

:help:

Attachments

• failed.JPG
    failed.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 62
eBay is very skeptical about CC payment option.. Even if you get in touch with customer care they will only suggest you to pay using other means instead of finding the problem...

So you have no option but to use some other option...

I never had any issues with CC payment option on Ebay

If u credentials are correct, have u chosen the right payment gateway for your card.
Is it taking a longtime in gateway and timing off
Did u enter the VISA/Master securecode after giving CC card details ?

Spectre said:
I never had any issues with CC payment option on Ebay

If u credentials are correct, have u chosen the right payment gateway for your card.
Is it taking a longtime in gateway and timing off
Did u enter the VISA/Master securecode after giving CC card details ?

Yup :eek:hyeah: did everything right !

No timeout :hap5:

Ebay Must not be accepting Citibank CC (Its a master card) and on another thought does my name (Ebay) and name on credit should be the same, cause using my mom's card :ashamed:

ajay387 said:

Ebay Must not be accepting Citibank CC (Its a master card) and on another thought does my name (Ebay) and name on credit should be the same, cause using my mom's card :ashamed:

Your ebay name can be different from the name on the card. But you must enter the name on the CC form as it is on the card.

I have never faced any problems with my VISA card on ebay.

Even i had problem three four days back. ebay was not able to transfer to my bank page to validate VBV.

this was the first time i was using the CC after RBI started VBV.before that it was working fine.and now the problem has started:S

ajay387 said:

well, i have used my citibank credit card quite a few times on ebay. last used about three weeks back.

my card is linked to my citibank saving account and it asks for the login for the bank account. works fine for me.

Guys tried once again at night (after 2 times in morning) and guess what it got confirmed :clap:, man Ebay really got me scared :S after the two failed attempts! Hope those 2 attempts dont show up on the credit card:no: like the IRCTC Railyway website does and credits the money after some days ! :bleh:

Anyone else had such experience where the money was debited from the account after a failed transcation ! ;)

Yes I have same experience with my HSBC credit card. In my four failed attempts payment of 4.4kX4=17.6k debited from bank account then later credited back in two days after having sweet talks with eBay girls / ladies.

Well later I came to know the reason of problem was IE cookies after clearing whole cache cookies etc my payment went smooth in first try by same CC.

Well, Just call up your Credit Card issuer company(Citi Bank) and simply ask for last 5 transactions done on your mom's card. then you will know if you have been charged or not.

In future, do subscribe for SMS alerts. I have done the same for ICICI. I get a SMS whenever any transaction is done on my CC. check it with CitiBank's Helpline if they the same facility. it helps immensely.

varkey said:
^ Citibank do have that facility but its only for transactions above Rs 5000

Yup thats true :eek:hyeah:

Gaurish said:
Well, Just call up your Credit Card issuer company(Citi Bank) and simply ask for last 5 transactions done on your mom's card. then you will know if you have been charged or not.

Well will wait for the statement to come and then will take action ! :p

Back