Help: Hathway Port Problem !

rajshah

Skilled
Hi !!

I was planning on getting a Hathway connection @ my office..
Called up the Hathway guy to confirm about the plans / tariffs..

On enquiry.. he told me that ALL Incoming connections will be blocked !! :S
Does that mean that i wont be able to dwnload frm certain protocols ??

Will BitTorrent wrk ??

Kindly advice !

raj i m using hathway......and to b frank they dont have a knowledge wht port means...while i was getting connection iasked will my torrents work...i mean will the port b blocked..and the guy other side used to say wht wht???

Then i asked wht is not allowed in this broadband connection than he said u cant use it as VoIP........and that much only he knows.........i m using the connection and i havent faced any prob with s/w related to ports...also rsand megaupload works fine...so no problem at all..i guess......but do confirm in your area with ppl having there connection

I'm getting an offer from the local Hathway provider here, says 512kbps all day, with 11pm-9am unlm transfer, while 7gb/month is the limit for the rest of the day usage. I'm pretty sure I'll eat up those 7gb's in week (So the current 256kbps Airtel will serve as backup), but the price is interesting, Rs.3000 for 6 months. Seems worth a try.

So to Hathway users in New Delhi, does Bittorrent work??

@ magnet.. thanks

Will ask around a bit.. or maybe.. i will try the connection for the first month..

If it doesnt wrk.. will dump it ! :)

BitTorrent works for me, and for my frnd..

I see no reason why it shouldnt work for you..

Btw, the Hathway guys know nothing, If all your incoming connections are blocked, you wont even be able to view sites :rofl:

Dear Subscriber,
We hope you are enjoying our present connectivity connection with us for night bird unlimited. It is our pleasure to inform you that we have come up with following new plan, which you might find of your interest.
What else, There shall not be any scheme change charges applicable for migration of your current scheme to any of the new scheme if we receive the request from you within next 10 days
Scheme Name Mode Speed Upto Kbps Subscription Charges Down Load Limit

Validity[PARA] Months Night Unlimited

512 Blast Quarterly Prepaid 512 Kbps 1500 3 GB 3 11 PM - 9 AM

512 Blast Xtra Prepaid 512 Kbps 3000 7 GB 6 11 PM - 9 AM

512 Blast Max Prepaid 512 Kbps 6000 15 GB 12 11 PM - 9 AM

Note: Service Tax 12.24 % Extra on Subscription
Hoping your kind Co operation
Ready to serve you at all times in all possible ways for the best of our

services

Thanking you,

Sincerely Yours

Hathway Bhawani Cabletel and Datacom Ltd

i was confused......but now got params point...btw only prob my side now is.... need to confirm whether 7 gb limit is for every month or all taken together 6months........i was waiting for such plan...i used to pay 1200 every month and if i dont sit on net once a month i have a feeling i m wasting 40 rs so its compulsory for me to sit....

ill definately giv this plan a try......btw params if wht u sayis true reps coming your way...

well I use hathway & they most definately block ports, maybe the low level help-desk has no idea after all they are call-center, but the ports are definately blocked , I had a tough time getting a few opened & I am using 999 UL 256 plan. the buggers failed to mentioned (conveniently) the Upload will be 64

Its true. The local hathway guy never stops calling for my answer but i've yet to decide with this port block confusion.

Kudos to hathway guys nonetheless for taking a step up to 512kbps finally, at least we'll be able to watch youtube videos smoothly :p

512 Blast Quarterly Prepaid 512 Kbps 1500 3 GB 3 11 PM - 9 AM

512 Blast Xtra Prepaid 512 Kbps 3000 7 GB 6 11 PM - 9 AM

512 Blast Max Prepaid 512 Kbps 6000 15 GB 12 11 PM - 9 AM

3,6 and 12 here mean months right?

yup dude sorry i 4got to mention that ...........but r u sure its per month stuff and not 15gb for whole 12months.........though ill try to verify with guy here........but need to double crosscheck.....

magnet said:
but r u sure its per month stuff and not 15gb for whole 12months.........though ill try to verify with guy here........but need to double crosscheck.....

I was wondering that too. Also, will the speed be 512kbps all day as it says 11-9 , nothing else.
I'll try to verify with the hathway guy here.

okkay jus confirmed the bad news......its not individual........its taken all together which i was dead sure abt.........

7gb for 6 months together not 7gb individually...for every month

but i still will go for it......1200 every month is damn stupid ill curtail my downloads in morning

regarding the speed...yup when i was abt to go for full day net......i used to get minimum 43kBps download speed and 1 day continuous 60 kBps...speed......but i had to change the plan

params7 said:
Its true. The local hathway guy never stops calling for my answer but i've yet to decide with this port block confusion.

Kudos to hathway guys nonetheless for taking a step up to 512kbps finally, at least we'll be able to watch youtube videos smoothly :p
3,6 and 12 here mean months right?

knowing hathway, you won't even get 20% of that speed without a download accelerator :p but it could probably be better in your city. i had hathway 256kbps for a long time in chennai and my downloads never went more than 14-15 kbps unless i used a dl accelerator. bittorrent was out of the question. all ports were blocked and the max speed i ever got from it was 8kbps.

port 6000, 6666 and 1723 can be used for bittorrent on hathway for incoming connections... These are the open ports I know at my place. Speeds on bittorrent are nearly to 20-30KB/s (depending on torrents)

Only their call center is not up to the mark...but then I know of no other ISP that has good call center!!

sunbiz_3000 said:
port 6000, 6666 and 1723 can be used for bittorrent on hathway for incoming connections... These are the open ports I know at my place. Speeds on bittorrent are nearly to 20-30KB/s (depending on torrents)

Only their call center is not up to the mark...but then I know of no other ISP that has good call center!!

thanks for the nice piece of info sunbiz !! :)
will try those ports at my office tomm !!

btw.. rite now i m gettin like 3 - 4kbps speed on torrents on hathway !! :(

sunbiz_3000 said:

Airtel. atleast in chennai. if you had a problem, the person speaking to you would try and fix it immediately by asking you to do 'noob' things like clearing the cache and stuff like that but as soon as you make it clear that your problem is more technical than that, they link you to the right people who are very efficient. i've made complaints at 3AM in the morning that i wasn't getting my usual speed (which was very rare with airtel by itself) and i used to get calls back from them by 3:30 to 4. fastest and most efficient i've ever seen in India, especially after putting up with shit like hathway and iqara for long.

i remember i called hathway once and complained about low speeds so they said they would send a guy over to fix it. i knew he wouldn't be able to do shit from my end but i asked him to come over anyway so i could show him the speeds from the browser which was usually about 8-10 kbps. he came and he opened Internet Explorer. just my luck. i had forgotten that it was linked to my download accelerator program and the file he downloaded got passed onto this which of course opened more connections and gave me full 30kbps in front of him. i told him that this was a one time thing and that i'd get bad speeds very often. he replied that the sites i was downloading from were not good enough :/

hi...
how do i do port forwarding.....i've subscribed for hathway 512 blast xtra....i have scientific-atlanta DPC2100.....i'am experiencing low speed.....i use bitcomet...down below the window it says "your liste port connectivity is unknown"....any help would be grateful...

Back