Budget 31-40k Help in buying laptop

Nutrino

Recruit
Hello Everyone .

I am looking to buy a laptop for my sister .
She did a graphic designing/multimedia course many years back . I thought she probably doesn’t use any of the things she learned during that course .

But Recently , she showed me a few things she created a few logos and designs and I think they were pretty neat which not only tells me that she still knows what she studied and know how to use them . So I want to get her a new laptop to encourage her and maybe she will be interested in learning new things that are available today .

Since I have no idea about what kind of laptop would be best for her in terms of budget and utility . I only asked her what she uses and she said adobe illustrator . So that’s there for sure but I would also like to get something that would let her do and learn something new as well , so the laptop should be able to accommodate that .

Also , suggestions are welcome regarding what would be better to start learning that is currently good but the important factor to keep in mind is that she is in her late 30’s. Not judging her learning capabilities but just thinking it’s best to be practical .

So , keeping all of these things in mind what laptops would you all recommend . I don’t have a budget(since I kind of don’t know much about this) decided but i can’t afford a super fancy one but if you guys think it’s way better to get a good machine then I would rather wait and save up more to get a good one . I am aiming for laptop because I figure it’s easier to sit and work anywhere with it . But if you all think a desktop is much better than I can think about it as well.

I have added a budget but if anything is cheaper than that I would be happy to go for that but as I say this I also want to keep the quality than you buy a cheaper one with less utility .

Thank you everyone in advance .

It would be worth telling the software that she would use.
But in your budget you can only get a i3-11th Gen or Ryzen 3 which I don't think is enough.
I would suggest at least 16GB RAM and an Ryzen 5/Intel i5 and if possible a GPU dedicated
Budget would go around 60-65K

The adobe illustrator does not require a heavy CPU or Graphics to run. For that price range, the best you can get is:
1. Intel i3 1115G4 11th Gen CPU
2. 8GB RAM
3. at least 256GB SSD
I would personally prefer a lightweight and a slim laptop for such use for easy carrying and handling.
Which brand to choose is subject to several factors, like which manufacturers have a service center in your area, personal choice/preference, etc.

For reference see this laptop: ASUS VivoBook 14 (2021), Intel Core i3-1115G4 11th Gen, 14-inch (35.56 cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB/256GB SSD/Office 2021/Windows 11/Integrated Graphics/Silver/1.6 Kg), X415EA-EK342WS

As per the Adobe Illustrator requirement, a minimum of 8GB ram and 1 GB video graphics is required (16GB ram and 4GB graphics is recommended though). Any medium range laptop can handle that, but you need to check out the display, color accuracy, brightness (if want to use in outdoor condition), etc.

Have a look at this : ASUS Vivobook OLED, Acer Swift 3 - all of these are with integrated graphics called Intel Iris.
Acer Aspire 7 -> has a dedicated graphics.

Back