Help in Decidng "Microwave Oven"/ Budget 5-6k/Mumbai

Singam

Disciple
Hi
Need help in buying a Microwave oven, budget is 5-6k. Its to be gifted:eek:hyeah:. Basically re-heating is the main requirement:p. Is baking too possible in ovens (Making pizza):D. Will that kind of microwave come in the budget ;)

Thanks

Pls do mention about the grill and convection oven as i am really confused what basically separates them :ashamed:

For upto 6K, you can only get the basic kind for reheating purposes.

LG Microwaves are pretty good. Simple and reliable!

A separate OTG would be ideal for baking...

ajay387 said:
Hi
Need help in buying a Microwave oven, budget is 5-6k. Its to be gifted:eek:hyeah:. Basically re-heating is the main requirement:p. Is baking too possible in ovens (Making pizza):D. Will that kind of microwave come in the budget ;)
Thanks
Pls do mention about the grill and convection oven as i am really confused what basically separates them :ashamed:

For 6K, you can either get a decent OTG or a basic microwave for re-heating/cooking purposes. Which one do you want?

ajay387 said:
What about Bajaj OTG ;)
bajajelectricals

Does anyone have a good opinion on them :huh:

Bajaj OTGs are pretty decent rather VFM !

The thing is going to be used for reheating for most of its life. They will probably need it to reheat the food after coming from office. And vegetarian people here, so cooking in microwave is not on cards ! Might ask them to make me a pizza when i vist them :p

Read an article (LINK) that OTG take time to heat the food but tastes better whereas the microwave does the job faster but taste less.

What i want to know is, within a budget of 5-6k, which one would be a better buy a microwave or an OTG considering its going to be used only for reheating.

;)

Both have different purposes. While microwaves are advertised as great cooking tools, unless you have an expensive one with convection grilling, its not going to do much. Its best to get a cheap microwave that just handles heating and basic cooking in the 3-4K budget. For pizzas, baking and other such activity, an OTG is the way to go. A separate OTG will cost 3-4K again, depending on the size.

@thetoxicmind - Bajaj makes some great OTGs. In fact they're handling the service for Morphy Richards as well. The morphy richards OTGs look good, but they all have a price premium of 1K over similar counterparts.

AK3D said:
Both have different purposes. While microwaves are advertised as great cooking tools, unless you have an expensive one with convection grilling, its not going to do much. Its best to get a cheap microwave that just handles heating and basic cooking in the 3-4K budget. For pizzas, baking and other such activity, an OTG is the way to go. A separate OTG will cost 3-4K again, depending on the size.

@thetoxicmind - Bajaj makes some great OTGs. In fact they're handling the service for Morphy Richards as well. The morphy richards OTGs look good, but they all have a price premium of 1K over similar counterparts.

1. Exactly what I'm trying to tell him. :)

2. Yeah, the very reason I called them decent. ;)

@ajay387

If it's primarily for reheating food items, I suggest you get them a good microwave.

Ones from LG : LG Solo Microwave With Intellowave Technology | LG Electronics India

+ 1 to above. I got a Kenstar convection+grill model, but the results for baking a pizza were only decent, as opposed to conventional oven. I grilled some chicken, and again the results were not so good. Baking a cake was a disaster. I use the microwave mostly for reheating now. :ashamed:

:yes:
Hmmmm , so buying a basic model of microwave will do the job huh!

:oops:Thought OTG would do the job of a basic microwave (ie reheating food) plus bake too, never occured to me that OTG are bascially for baking !:(

For knowledge: Does OTG require special dish, just like glass dish are required for microwave ?

:new:

ajay387 said:
:yes:
Hmmmm , so buying a basic model of microwave will do the job huh!

:oops:Thought OTG would do the job of a basic microwave (ie reheating food) plus bake too, never occured to me that OTG are bascially for baking !:(

For knowledge: Does OTG require special dish, just like glass dish are required for microwave ?

:new:

You have non-stick aluminium vessels (pans) for the same. :)

For family use, I suspect you wil need 25-30L ones. 20L basic ones are suitable for bachelors and small bakeries.

Back