help in selecting programming technique

longlife

Disciple
I need a simple INVENTORY program, where 50 inventory program is listed and by its side the stock is displayed and there are two buttons "in" for adding and "out" for deducting stock.

what programming technique would be best?

well i may not be the best guy to advice you, but if i was doing it i would create something with php(only because i just learned about it and would like to use it) that i can view in web browser as I don't know much about GUI if i did know how to handle GUI in java i would have probably gone with java and a flat file if the size of the inventory is going to be too much.

I am not sure what you are mean by technique. are you talkin about the algo, the language, the data handling ..... any what language are you comfortable with.

if i got it rite, you want a program where in u hav 50 items along with their stock and u have 2 functions one fr decreasing stock n one for increasing it...

well i know only c++ here is methodology..

*make a 50x2 global array

*use one functions, arguments as the item no.(1-50), inc/dec (use 0/1) and the quantity u wana inc/dec

*put a check in func, if 1 inc invent[itemno-1][1]+=quatity (numbering in arrays start frm zero)else -=quantity

n voila u r done..

now this is only if i got what u meant....

otherwise please ignore the ignorance..

VB6/VB.net is the best for rapid developement. Build a quick Form with desired GUI components and add the code and connectivity with Access/MSDE/MySQL database. And if you want the web interface then ASP/ASP.net is the easiest.

^^I know you love your lamp setup(I do too :) ) but by the looks of it he only needs a 20-30 line code.
don't think he needs to set all that up for that

Microsoft Visual Studio is best for RAD [Rapid Application Development]

Use any of the 18 languages supported by Visual Studio.NET

Get Visual Studio.NET 2005 or 2008

Windows Based Solution

1.> Visual C# [My Recommendation , best language for the VS.NET] [My View]

2.> VB.Net

Web Based Solution

1.> ASP.NET

Visual Basic 6 requires Visual Studio a older version and the VB.Net is a newer

version of the VB 6 and has many new features.

Back