Help: LED Monitor with HDMI

ak56u

Disciple
I am looking to buy an LED monitor with HDMI in, which can be between 18-22 inches. My budget is within 7k. Please help me out!

I am looking to buy an LED monitor with HDMI in, which can be between 18-22 inches. My budget is within 7k. Please help me out!

You have tight budgets mate, but if you are okay getting a 20" monitor go for the following --
  1. Dell IN2030M ~6500/- [20" LED back-lit monitor, it has a matte finish screen and bezel, supports 720p video and max resolution is 1600 x900, DVI-out]
  2. Samsung B2030 ~6800/- [20" LED back-lit monitor, it has a glossy finish all-over, supports 720p video and max resolution upto 1600 x900, DVI-out]

The closest 22" option you have is the --

BenQ G2220HD ~7500/- [22" CCFL back-lit monitor, matte finish on the screen and glossy bezel, support 1080p playback with

DVI-out]

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

MODs request shifting this thread into PC Peripherals section.

You have tight budgets mate, but if you are okay getting a 20" monitor go for the following --
  1. Dell IN2030M ~6500/- [20" LED back-lit monitor, it has a matte finish screen and bezel, supports 720p video and max resolution is 1600 x900, DVI-out]
  2. Samsung B2030 ~6800/- [20" LED back-lit monitor, it has a glossy finish all-over, supports 720p video and max resolution upto 1600 x900, DVI-out]

BenQ G2220HD ~7500/- [22" CCFL back-lit monitor, matte finish on the screen and glossy bezel, support 1080p playback with

DVI-out]

Thanks for your help. I blew up all my savings in buying a 1.8 L home theater. have to be thrifty at the moment.
<

DVI-out]

can this BenQ G2220HD be used as a TV (with some device) ?

can this BenQ G2220HD be used as a TV (with some device) ?

No it cannot, as it doesn't have a HDMI-out port. If you want a monitor that can double up as a TV-screen, look at the following options --

Dell ST2220L ~8500/-

Samsung B2230 ~8800/-

Dell Ultrasharp U2312M ~14500/- [this is a e-IPS panel based model that is why it is so expensive]

Dell Ultrasharp U2410M ~20000/-

No it cannot, as it doesn't have a HDMI-out port. If you want a monitor that can double up as a TV-screen, look at the following options --

Dell ST2220L ~8500/-

Samsung B2230 ~8800/-

Dell Ultrasharp U2312M ~14500/- [this is a e-IPS panel based model that is why it is so expensive]

Dell Ultrasharp U2410M ~20000/-

you meant HDMI-IN ???!!!
<

btw, Samsung B2230 does not have HDMI
sad.gif

so it can be doubled up as TV?

you meant HDMI-IN ???!!!

btw, Samsung B2230 does not have HDMI

so it can be doubled up as TV?

Yes true. Thanks for correcting me.

No if it doesn't have a HDMI-in, it will not be able to function as a TV, best go for a Dell OR BenQ monitor that has a HDMI-in connector.

Cant the DVI connector be used with a HDMI-DVI adaptor (or will HDCP and audio cause an issue?)

Then how will the thing transmit audio Sire?

I am not sure, but OP is going to look for a full-kitty. That means basic integrated speakers, this with the HDMI cable, if it is not hooked up then what is the point.

Let us wait for #[member='ampdr1'] to express their views on the same. Cheerio!!

#[member='ALPHA17']

I was guessing the RCA Audio out ports on the STB could be used as an audio source to be connected to a set of external speakers

But have no idea if they are disabled when HDMI is in use

Then how will the thing transmit audio Sire?

I am not sure, but OP is going to look for a full-kitty. That means basic integrated speakers, this with the HDMI cable, if it is not hooked up then what is the point.

Let us wait for #[member='ampdr1'] to express their views on the same. Cheerio!!

earlier, TV signals were Analog, one needed TV tuner card to view TV on PC...

but now, with digital signals, if set top box does have HDMI-out and LED monitor has HDMI-in and headphone jack or audio out, then it can be possible, is it so?

Dell ST2220L ~8500/-

Got this LED a week back from Nehru Place for Rs. 8000 all inclusive. The 'L' version is the one with HDMI, there's another version (I guess M) that comes with DVI and VGA.

Put in an extra Rs.1000 and go for it, I would say
<

earlier, TV signals were Analog, one needed TV tuner card to view TV on PC...

but now, with digital signals, if set top box does have HDMI-out and LED monitor has HDMI-in and headphone jack or audio out, then it can be possible, is it so?

No it cannot be used Sire, see if the monitor has a HDMI-IN it is for the express purpose of carrying both the audio-as well as the video signal through the same.

If the HDMI port is used with a converter [to DVI-OUT / VGA-OUT], the problem will be that the audio signal cannot be carried. Hence you will have to bootstrap the audio system [speakers / home theatre system / headphones] directly into the actual source, whether it is a computer / OR any other device.

But if you can run a HDMI cable from the source to the monitor, you can directly connect the headphone / speaker system to the monitor.

Hope this clears your doubt, Cheers!!

Got this LED a week back from Nehru Place for Rs. 8000 all inclusive. The 'L' version is the one with HDMI, there's another version (I guess M) that comes with DVI and VGA.

Put in an extra Rs.1000 and go for it, I would say
happy19.gif

I think I mentioned the ST2220L edition in my post.

Dell ST2220L ~8500/-

Back