Help me buy 2 camera's - locally or from Singapore ?

Charun

Skilled
Help me buy 2 camera's - locally

Now i dont know whether its not the correct time for me to buy or something else

First a deal with a TE member could not be completed and then when i was just gonna buy one from flipkart my aunt just called me if i was interested in buying a digicam from singapore

I want to buy 2 camera's - one for around 5.5 - 6k and other around 10k or little above that

A relative is going to Singapore around 3rd week of november - so will it make huge difference buying from there ? If from singapore will i get global warranty ?
Also please suggest me camera's for both budget - no particular requirement - just normal usage

Or should i buy locally only ?

OT - What other accesories can be purchased from singapore which has a good price difference as compared to here ? are tablets available at low price as compared to here ?

SunnyBoi said:
Buying anything from Singapore is not worth it due to the horrendous exchange rates :(

is it ? i have always heard that buying from singapore is always cheaper than buying here

A friend of mine had purchased a sony cam from singapore - if he had purchased it here it would have costed him 2.5k-3k more

ok so its fixed that i am gonna buy locally :)

please suggest me camera's for the 2 budget i.e one for around 5.5 - 6k and other around 10k or little above that

SunnyBoi said:
Buying anything from Singapore is not worth it due to the horrendous exchange rates :(

true even Malaysia (kula lumpar) are not worth cause some price are costly due to food and few pc stuff, also Tv and some laptop are cheaper than India ;)

so better buy camera from local which it is cheaper and better warranty support

i dont know much about cameras but i will give you my opinion

under 6k

Canon powershot a1200

fujifilm finepix ax200

sony dsc w510

panasonic lumix dmc-f2

the first 2 have hd recording

canon a1200 does not have image stabilization

the ax200 is vfm

if you can increase your budget then you can go for the canon powershot a3200 is or nikon coolpix s3100

around 10k:

canon ixus 220is

fujifilm finepix t200

sony cybershot dsc-wx7(3d still images and 3d panorama sweep)

panasonic lumix dmc-fh25

my vote goes to 220hs

^^ Ah thanks atleast some one replied

for the lower budget cam how w510 sounds good

dont know which to select at 0k budget

if you like sony then you can go for it but i feel that in the sub 6k category sony is not VFM. Of the options i gave i alredy mentioned that ax 200 is VFM. I think you should increase the budget and go for the canon a3200.

as for the 10k category the fight is between sony and canon. the sony wx7 is 1k more than 220hs but has lot more features, but its image quality is not on par because of excessive noise.

in the end the choice is yours. try them all and then choose.

have a look at Canon Ixus 130IS for around 6k though this aint indian pricing please, at 10k Canon 220HS is the best i feel even better than the Panasonic FH25

abracadabra said:
have a look at Canon Ixus 130IS for around 6k though this aint indian pricing please, at 10k Canon 220HS is the best i feel even better than the Panasonic FH25

Ixus 130IS is quoted at flipkart for 9.6k :(

SunnyBoi said:

Fah33m almost got jacked for the same reason.

OP would u really want to sacrifice local warranty just to save up 2 or 3K??.

Metalspree said:
Fah33m almost got jacked for the same reason.

OP would u really want to sacrifice local warranty just to save up 2 or 3K??.

Nah i have decided to buy it locally only, i have mentioned it in the 6th post

Do you have any suggestion for under 5.5k cam ?

Back