Monitors Help me choose a Monitor and Cabinet

Hello Guys,
I wud be getting my PC next week and im still puzzled as to choose which monitor.I plan to get a 22" LCD with a 2ms response time.Was reading about the best available monitors in this section namely LG 226WTQ,Dell Ultrasharp 2208WFP and the Samsung 2232BW.

1)Can anyone give me the CURRENT best Prices for these Monitors.i can at the max afford up to 14k.
2) can i get the dell model for this price?.Almost settled with the LG as its cheaper but oh boy the Dell model looks awesome(came across this in the reviews+previews section....but is it available for 14k?)

So please suggest me the best one among these considering my budget.

Now...im also confused over the Cabinet + SMPS.my budget is 4k for these.what to do u guys think about the IBall Gamer Cabinet?.Looked good to me but wanted to know if anyones facing problems with it. please tell me if a 500W SMPS would suffice for the following config.

e8400,Abit-ip35-e(bought it for 85$ on newegg....missed a 30$ rebate by ONE day:( )
evga 8800GTS(260$ after a 30$ rebate....New egg Rulezz)
,2gb - 800,250gb hdd

I was thnkin abt getting the iball gamer cainet + 500w powersafe smps for abt 4k....any better combo for this price?.

btw....the best price for a e8400 i got in Lamington Road on last weekend(01/03/08) was 9k....just mentioning if anyone wanted to know.

and e8400 or a q6600??....heard a q6600 is 10k now?...so which one to go?

Thanks in advance:)

for dell lcd conatct rahul at dealer par ;)

you need better cabient cm690 with 600 watt psu cm

because you are getting 8800 gts :p

if you are heavy gaming get e8200 because q6600 is only for 3d encourage software

thanks....could u give me the CURRENT prices also for the cabby+psu?
CM will be costly bro....dont think i can afford more than 4+ on this....already dried up my finances to the minimum.:(

also...can anyone please tell me why an iball Gamer cabby + powersafe 500w combo will not be good enuf for the gig i mentioned?.

1. Performance wise Dell wud be better. A lot of ppl in TE swear over the Dell modelsTry getting in touch with Shakensoul; he can arrange the 22incher fer a sweet price of 12k.. And wats with this 2ms response?? 5ms is more than enuf.. Lo'l..

2. If u're into gaming a C2D is much better than the Quads.. The extra 2 cores in the quads'd be useful fer audio/video renderin n stuff like tat.. So settle with an E8400..

3. With all these in mind, U shud get a good PSU.. Any decent cabinet like the iball wud do but the cooling wudn do justice there.. nevertheless get a good psu like the CorsairVX450 or the Coolermaster Extremepower600W..

An ideal combo as arun said shud be the CM690 + VX450/CM600. It shud settle u back by less than 9k.. :)

:) I got the DEll 2208wfp ultrasharp a few days back. It is awesome for it's price and considering it is a TN panel.
Very good for games scales very well. I have been playing games a resolutions from 1024*768 to 1280*1024 and 1680*1050..
Looks brilliant in all resolutions...Me playing fear currently...
If you get hold of a dell employee the least you can get is 13.2k(EPP price)...Otherwise you can try one of the go's in this forum

gannu , well wont call i ball cabbys decent in any regards . they use poor quality steel and so thin plates that slightest of nudges make a dent in them , i think navtech or zebronics are much better in this regard.

but by my personal experience i would rate cooler masters good. they are the closest to come to build quality of branded ones say compaq(my frnd had 4 yr old amd compaq pc , man its cabby was strong. when i removed all drives and mobo + psu , i was still much heavier than i ball cabinet fully loaded with i optical, i hd , mobo , cpu and psu. also paint quality is also superior , so very less scratches all this time)

Hey ALL,
Thanks for the replies mates....dint expect these many replies here.TE is really active \,,/

@main_trouble
im not bothered about the build quality of a cabby rite now(obvious...coz im out of cash:eek:hyeah:].hav checked out Zebronics Bijli(weird name ..isnt it?)....had 2 side fans...will it be a decent cooling solution?....i dont plan to overclock
Other thoughts
i had an I benz cabinet prevsly and i loved it looks initially...but it had a lot of heat probs and made me damn pissed....not sure if it was some BIOS prob or sumthing else...used to keep the side doors open ALL the time and still had a heat alert popping every 5 mins...so a lil doubtful on Iball Gamer now....but it looked pretty good for the price

@raj Pol
13.2k!!....wow...thats a cool price...il now hav to look for a dell employee now.donno whats a GO in these forums..wil explore and reply back
how much did u pay neways?

@gannu ROX
1)will contact Shaken soul rite away:hap2: and 5ms good enuf for gaming?
2)ok then....e8400 it is....i need it only for gaming(dying to play BioShock)
3)ur views on bijli?...as i said...i wont be overclocking ...so will the two side fans suffice?....also...please clarify if a 500w PSU wud be adequate for the 8800GTS set-up or 600w PSU is a MUST for this.I dont think id be adding more peripherals to my PC anytime soon.

@arun halo
thanks for the link..but its always blocked here in my office:mad:
Glad that TE is not:)

Finally ....how much for the Cooler Master PSU?...request you to list the price here....
Eagerly waiting for ur suggestions
:cool2:

ForgottenLegend said:
Hey ALL,
Thanks for the replies mates....dint expect these many replies here.TE is really active \,,/
@main_trouble
im not bothered about the build quality of a cabby rite now(obvious...coz im out of cash:eek:hyeah:].hav checked out Zebronics Bijli(weird name ..isnt it?)....had 2 side fans...will it be a decent cooling solution?....i dont plan to overclock
Other thoughts
i had an I benz cabinet prevsly and i loved it looks initially...but it had a lot of heat probs and made me damn pissed....not sure if it was some BIOS prob or sumthing else...used to keep the side doors open ALL the time and still had a heat alert popping every 5 mins...so a lil doubtful on Iball Gamer now....but it looked pretty good for the price

@raj Pol
13.2k!!....wow...thats a cool price...il now hav to look for a dell employee now.donno whats a GO in these forums..wil explore and reply back
how much did u pay neways?

@gannu ROX
1)will contact Shaken soul rite away:hap2: and 5ms good enuf for gaming?
2)ok then....e8400 it is....i need it only for gaming(dying to play BioShock)
3)ur views on bijli?...as i said...i wont be overclocking ...so will the two side fans suffice?....also...please clarify if a 500w PSU wud be adequate for the 8800GTS set-up or 600w PSU is a MUST for this.I dont think id be adding more peripherals to my PC anytime soon.

@arun halo
thanks for the link..but its always blocked here in my office:mad:
Glad that TE is not:)

Finally ....how much for the Cooler Master PSU?...request you to list the price here....
Eagerly waiting for ur suggestions
:cool2:

Tat sure is!!! :)

Bad Luck sir since Shakensoul's GO apparently has been withdrawn by him.. :(

I suggest u get in touch with a friend of urs who has purchased a Dell laptop n ask him to giv a call n he'll help u get a good price fer ur monitor.. :)

Yuppy, get the E8400.. Beats the quad in Games up-down-centre-left-right!! :eek:hyeah:

A 500W supply shud do good if its a good one tat is like a Corsair(Even POV Black Diamond 500W is I suppose!!!)..

Zeb Bijli is a good cabby; Many TE users hav it.. It shud do better than the iBall..

Hope it helps.. :)

Back