Help me choose a TWS / bluetooth receiver to use in bed

kvn95ss

Adept
I've been using ASMR to unwind and prep myself to sleep, and its been working quite well. Before, I took around 45min to an hour to fall asleep (I have always been like this. I sleep quickly only when I'm really tired or sick) but when using binaural beats or ASMR, I fall asleep within half an hour.

I used to keep my phone under my pillow so I wouldn't drop it, but it does end up heating the phone due to the insulation. Also, my rolling in sleep still caused my phone to be dropped like 2-3 times and waking up to a "thud" of phone falling and panic checking if the screen was alright shaved off 2-3 years of my life... That's why right now I'm using Mi bluetooth audio receiver - the LG earphones which came bundled with my LG G8x with Mi Audio receiver. It's almost 4 years old at this point, and it lasts roughly 2-3 hours. I charge it every couple of days but it has an annoying quirk - when they are off and I put them to charge, they turn on and connect to my phone. NOW, if they are already on and I put them to charge, the device SHUTS DOWN, charges for a second or two, THEN turns on again and has to connect to the phone again. annoying but something I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

I was looking at cheap Chinese bluetooth receivers but they can be hit or miss in terms of their noise floor. The Fiio BTR5 and the likes have glass body, which I'm sure will be shattered when I roll in my sleep and inevitably drop them. I think TWS buds might face the fall tho. So any recommendations for my use case?

BTW I prefer using either my KZ ED16 or Blon BL03 due to their soundstage, which makes ASMR sound even more immersive, but the cables would become tangled and I don't want to keep buying cables for them lol.

There is KZ AZ09 TWS attachment available at one of the newer audio stores online. I personally use the KZ bluetooth cable, but even I am looking for a pair of TWS for watching TV. My only caveat is that they need to have 'over ear' attachment or design and finding it hard to find options in that. Without that design all earphones, IEM fall out of my ears.

Back