Help me choose new tv: HiSense U6g 65inch or Lg OLED A1 55 inch

deepak1990

Disciple
I need suggestions on which one should I go for. Both the TVs seems to be good for the price they are selling at the moment. With HiSense I am getting an extra 10 inches of screen real estate but I am a bit sceptical about their warranty in India.

Budget ? If it is over 1L then go for the LG C1 48 inch or you are looking for either a 55 inch or a 65 inch TV only.

So a friend of mine bought HiSense U6G 65". Apparently, there's no extended warranty, either by Flipkart (another friend got this for A71F) nor by Hisense directly. This is a major disadvantage IMO. Else, this is a good TV. Also, avoid small brands if you live in a small town, likely no service centre.

Flipkart has the older LG BX 55" for 99k, a great deal IMO. It has 4K 120Hz vs 4K 60Hz of A1. If you can increase your budget, this is a great choice. If you aren't a gamer, it won't matter honestly.

I am looking for 55 inches plus only. As I will be wall mounting it and using it for Netflix mainly. 55inch A1 at amazon is trading for 1L plus I can get 5% cashback as I have an amazon ICICI card. Interestingly with the current offer, this tv is almost priced as same that of US and with GST input it will be even cheaper. I wish the 65-inch version was trading around the same price as that of the US, it would have been awesome.
Budget ? If it is over 1L then go for the LG C1 48 inch or you are looking for either a 55 inch or a 65 inch TV only.
I am restricting my budget to 1L at the moment. Beyond that, the value starts decreasing exponentially
So a friend of mine bought HiSense U6G 65". Apparently, there's no extended warranty, either by Flipkart (another friend got this for A71F) nor by Hisense directly. This is a major disadvantage IMO. Else, this is a good TV. Also, avoid small brands if you live in a small town, likely no service centre.

Flipkart has the older LG BX 55" for 99k, a great deal IMO. It has 4K 120Hz vs 4K 60Hz of A1. If you can increase your budget, this is a great choice. If you aren't a gamer, it won't matter honestly.
I live in Delhi so servicing should not be a problem but if a company is not offering an extended warranty then it raised a lot of questions. Hisense might be dumping their panels in India. Hence they are not offering any warranty beyond 1 year. Even Mi gives 2-year warranty on their panels.
On a separate note. Here's the review of Hisense u6g

and for Lg Oled A1

Last edited:
Read my message again, LG BX is 99k. I see no point in considering A1 over that, esp if you have 1L budget & are fine with 55" size. Other than that, you can take your call.

Read my message again, LG BX is 99k. I see no point in considering A1 over that, esp if you have 1L budget & are fine with 55" size. Other than that, you can take your call.
Ya brought BX over A1, its panel quality is better. I got it for 90k after all the deductions. It's a no brainer at that price point

I am looking for 55 inches plus only. As I will be wall mounting it and using it for Netflix mainly. 55inch A1 at amazon is trading for 1L plus I can get 5% cashback as I have an amazon ICICI card. Interestingly with the current offer, this tv is almost priced as same that of US and with GST input it will be even cheaper. I wish the 65-inch version was trading around the same price as that of the US, it would have been awesome.

Congratulation on the purchase. I have an LG C9 OLED it's older elder sibling and I can say you will be pleased with your purchase for years to come. It is unfair to compare an OLED with regular LCD technology; the difference is just miles apart.

On a different note can you let me know how are you able to purchase the TV with you ICICI Amazon Pay card. As in are you able to split the card payment or the TV comes under your credit card limit. Asking as I have the same card and don't know how to get them to raise my CC limit. Thanks in advance

Congratulation on the purchase. I have an LG C9 OLED it's older elder sibling and I can say you will be pleased with your purchase for years to come. It is unfair to compare an OLED with regular LCD technology; the difference is just miles apart.

On a different note can you let me know how are you able to purchase the TV with you ICICI Amazon Pay card. As in are you able to split the card payment or the TV comes under your credit card limit. Asking as I have the same card and don't know how to get them to raise my CC limit. Thanks in advance
I have seen that you can pay on amazon with CC + amazon pay balance. So that will help if your limit isn't high. At least you got that CC, I'm not even getting it, not sure why (already have ICICI plat CC, FK CC, etc).

I have seen that you can pay on amazon with CC + amazon pay balance. So that will help if your limit isn't high. At least you got that CC, I'm not even getting it, not sure why (already have ICICI plat CC, FK CC, etc).
Offtopic warning
It was a weird experience for me too. My application got rejected for some reason. I submitted all the documents offline to their agent and everything was signed. Then one day when I am mid surgery an agent comes to inquire if I work there, despite being told by numerous people that I work there, a week later I find out my application is rejected. 6 months later I click on the link again and the next message I find it that my CC is on its way, no call, no message, I didn't even enter my phone or Adhaar number, they just approved it because I clicked on the same link.

I have a good limit for my credit card that covered it. From my experience, the entire experience of getting an Amazon ICICI card depends on whether you have a previous relationship with ICICI or not. I had an ICICI credit card so they issue the new card on the same account.

I got it from Flipkart this time. After all the offers it came down to 90k with no cost EMI. I am planning to pay the entire money next month instead of 12 months. That way net effective price will be 84K

don't know how to get them to raise my CC limit. Thanks in advance
Email to the following id help.amazonpaycc@icicibank.com with last 3 months payslip and request them increased limit. They will do it very fast. I had same issue. My earlier ICICI credit card was issued back in 2005 with 80K limit and when I applied amazon pay cc, I got same limit. After a year of owning the card, I emailed them on above id with 3 months of salary slips and they changed limit to 3L and now few days back, even without me doing anything, I got SMS I am eligible for increase in limit and now it is 6.5L.

I have a good limit for my credit card that covered it. From my experience, the entire experience of getting an Amazon ICICI card depends on whether you have a previous relationship with ICICI or not. I had an ICICI credit card so they issue the new card on the same account.
I got it from Flipkart this time. After all the offers it came down to 90k with no cost EMI. I am planning to pay the entire money next month instead of 12 months. That way net effective price will be 84K
Could you post the link of the sale. Did you use the Axis bank CC which associates with FK the same way as Amazon ICICI does?
Email to the following id help.amazonpaycc@icicibank.com with last 3 months payslip and request them increased limit. They will do it very fast. I had same issue. My earlier ICICI credit card was issued back in 2005 with 80K limit and when I applied amazon pay cc, I got same limit. After a year of owning the card, I emailed them on above id with 3 months of salary slips and they changed limit to 3L and now few days back, even without me doing anything, I got SMS I am eligible for increase in limit and now it is 6.5L.
I was hoping to get an upgrade to 80k from my measly (not mentioning) present limit. I guess I am in the wrong profession to be demanding higher limits above 1-2L.

Welcome to OLED world.
This was my 2016 LG OLED B55.

Awaiting royalty from ETV/Gemini TV and Tata SKY for permanently etching their logos on my TV.

1642623236874.png

Welcome to OLED world.

Awaiting royalty from ETV/Gemini TV and Tata SKY for permanently etching their logos on my TV.

This is horrifying to an OLED user.
How did it happen?
How many hours are those channels run daily?
Did you run pixel refresh weekly or monthly?

My TV is completely on OTT so I am hoping it would be safe. Only hotstar with their effing logo scares me.

Even the mute logo has been burned into the display panel.
How many hours on tv? Thanks.
Fortunately No, it was OSD logo, the tv was actually on mute when I took the pic.
I think LG is aware of the risk and made the OSD logos dynamic and they float around to avoid burn-in.
This is horrifying to an OLED user.
How did it happen?
How many hours are those channels run daily?
Did you run pixel refresh weekly or monthly?

My TV is completely on OTT so I am hoping it would be safe. Only hotstar with their effing logo scares me.
Lost count of the actual usage hours as it's been 6 years almost.

Well, how did it happen? LG should answer the question.
Perils of being an early adopter I guess.
A quick search on the internet led me to understand that the issue is quite common in the early models.
There are several youtube videos with issues similar to mine and it's a permanent burn-in.

I have lost count of the troubleshooting options I had tried.
Tried the built-in clear panel noise run countless times.
Left the burn-in removal videos running overnight many times.
No improvement at all and in short, it was a waste of time and effort.

It was a long battle with LG, for over a year.
They quoted 75k+ GST + Service/handling charges for a new panel, I eventually made them replace the panel free of cost in the 6th year.
I think I had documented the whole fiasco in some other forum or here itself on the OLED tv thread.

This, coupled with a Samsung 6 Series tv experience earlier, I think I'm done spending on premium tvs.
Happy to spend on extra-large size Chinese TV's and replace them if they go wrong.

I agree that the extra premium you pay to big brands sometimes doesn't feel worth it. These days you get better panel in Hisense/VU than entry-level Samsung/LG ones, only around 60k or so Samsung, LG or Sony gets better I think. Still, easy to replace a 25k 43" 4K TV than a 60k one. So a dilemma for sure.

Welcome to OLED world.

View attachment 124619
Yikes. This looks really bad. I have a 10-year-old 32inch full had tv from Samsung and it still runs without any problem. I guess we have to live with the fact that the oled tv life is max to 5 years. Not beyond that and I don't think 8k will be mainstream in the next 5 years.

Personally I find it stupid to spend more than 50-60k on a tv give the ultra fast technology and low quality manufacturing.
And the experiences around me a s well give me the same feeling..

A family in a nearby society bought a swanky latest samsung touch tv for some lac rupees and just under two weeks the tv conked off and now samsung denying warranty stating physical damage. There are now regular fights between that couple..

Again few more are frustrated by most trusted lg/sony/samsung. brands wrt poor service and xyz excuses been thrown and even denial of services.

But people owing cheap brands buy extended warranty and doesn't bother much like for mi/iffalcon/redmi/one+ etc. as thy use their tv for 3-4 yrs, dump it/exchange and buy another without any worries or pain.

Eod its buyer money as to how much he wishes to splurge but then such horrifying stories will make someone think twice...

I have a 65" LG C9 and a 50" Vu unit and I just can't stand the latter. The difference in the picture quality is so drastic that sometimes I end up stopping my binge for a latter day on the OLED TV. I also cringe when someone offers to watch a movie that we haven't yet watched at their place. And this was a respectable 65" Sony LED unit upwards of a lakh. I feel OLED is just too far ahead of LED in terms of picture quality. Despite all this I still don't know if it justifies it price but it's difficult to like any other tech for now. Maybe microLED will be our saviour.
Fortunately No, it was OSD logo, the tv was actually on mute when I took the pic.
I think LG is aware of the risk and made the OSD logos dynamic and they float around to avoid burn-in.

Lost count of the actual usage hours as it's been 6 years almost.
Well, how did it happen? LG should answer the question.
Perils of being an early adopter I guess.
A quick search on the internet led me to understand that the issue is quite common in the early models.
There are several youtube videos with issues similar to mine and it's a permanent burn-in.

I have lost count of the troubleshooting options I had tried.
Tried the built-in clear panel noise run countless times.
Left the burn-in removal videos running overnight many times.
No improvement at all and in short, it was a waste of time and effort.

It was a long battle with LG, for over a year.
They quoted 75k+ GST + Service/handling charges for a new panel, I eventually made them replace the panel free of cost in the 6th year.
I think I had documented the whole fiasco in some other forum or here itself on the OLED tv thread.

This, coupled with a Samsung 6 Series tv experience earlier, I think I'm done spending on premium tvs.
Happy to spend on extra-large size Chinese TV's and replace them if they go wrong.

I was hoping to squeeze at least 10 years out of this TV. I am not so optimistic now on account of your revelation.

Do you think using a second TV for more regular pass time viewing like youtube or news channels would be a good idea and treat OLED like the projectors of the old saving them for limited or special viewing occasions.

Back