help me decide my phone - i5800/htc hero/wave/spice

filmguy

Disciple
will be travelling soon so i need a good phone with good all round capabilties esp. ebk reading, net browsing & decent camera. ideally budget was 15k max but really theres no good fone arnd that range. either i go up or go down a bit.

max i wld like to stretch is to get the wave but the lack of a good ebk reader & text reflow is a big disadvantage plus am not sure abt how bada os will go.

for arnd 12k theres the samsung galaxy 3 which has killer features and everything but a supposedly bad screen res. there's no place that i can get a demo so i dont know how bad that really is but i wonder if with its pinch zoomin & text reflow capabilities i can just zoom in so the fonts are made readable.

then i am getting a second hand htc hero fr 12.5. it seems to be in decent condition though slightly scuffed back but i can live with it. it lacks proximity sensor but i dont think thats v.imp. though to spend fr a '09 model, that too second hand... hmm

then member akhil got a spice which has great specs for its price-10k. only thing is i'm not totally convinced abt build quality. also its support. will it get 2.2? it also lacks a document editor & radio (both of which wld have been nice but i cant consider them to be deal-breakers) & am not sure of the text reflow on it. but at that price its worth considering..

of all htc hero has the best support in the rooting/rom's scene though i'm not into it, its always a plus point.

so what say guys??

Htc hero is very outdated phone. My suggestion is samsung wave it get nokia x6. X6 is a great phone for those who travel a lot. And wave is a superb phone with powerful hardware, stunning display. None of the sub 20k phones can match the capabilities of wave.

^ wave doesnt have android !

the bada os does not support many softwares in the market . keep that im mind .

im getting a galaxy 3 soon !

i think its the best option !

you can look at spica too if you dont want fm !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

buddingwhizkid said:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Trust me, even without huge appstore, wave is much much better phone than all those sub 20k android phones.

Back