Help me decide please -- droid-Konfusion!!!

ChironX

Disciple
Hi guys, Suvojit here. I newly joined TE, even though I've been a regular forum visitor for quite a while.

Need a help regarding buying a cellphone, more specifically a droid. But after visiting several forums and several threads here in TE as well, I'm more confused than ever on singling out a phone. :S

The phones I've shortlisted :

1. Samsung Galaxy S LCD i9003 (sleek looks, good screen as I got to know from reviews
2. Samsung Nexus S LCD i9023 ( being a google branded phone, camera with flash etc.)
3. LG Optimus Black ( Gorgeous Nova display, but heard it's very buggy)
4. LG Optimus 2x, although I'm quite not sure how much a dual core droid would help me, but guess the only value it brings to the table is being somewhat future-proof(though Kal-el and other stuff being in the pipeline, I seriously doubt how much of a future proff 1 GHz Dual core be :p )

P.S: I will root the phone if need be and am willing to push the proccy to extract the juice out of it as well:eek:hyeah:

Which one should I be going for? Max budget around 22-23k.
Thanks in advance to all of you, and you do a great job here :)

I checked out the Sammy S2, and to be very frank it's a little too big for my taste (4.3 Inch feels more like a tab rather than a phone..I'm okay with upto 4 inchers). But IMO though, the phone is an absolute pleasure to work with, super fast and smooth.:eek:hyeah:

And I can't elaborate more about that oh-so-gorgeous Super AMOLED screen...but it's a tad too big (for me and my pocket as well :bleh:)

and between the Galaxy S / Nexus S etc which one to get?

Something which is preventing me from getting a Moto :

1. From TE forums got to know that finding an Atrix/Photon 4G under $350 is very very rare.
2. Heard from a friend that Moto doesn't have any service centers around Kolkata, if that's true then might be a big issue.

Personally, I love Atrix, with it's hardware being good. But interested only if I can get it for <20K from US. Otherwise, I'll have to buy something from Nexus S / Galaxy S / LG Optimus Black (or 2X).

Please help :huh:

From TE forums got to know that finding an Atrix/Photon 4G under $350 is very very rare.

found this about 22k for moto atrix
NEW IN BOX MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G ATT AT&T ANDROID TOUCH SCREEN FAST SHIPPING HD CAM (Rs. 21896)
Heard from a friend that Moto doesn't have any service centers around Kolkata, if that's true then might be a big issue.
List of service centre in india

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/IN-EN/Static_Files/Indian-Service-Centers.pdf

i think there are about 4 in kolkatta

I don't know how many Atrix have this as a permanent problem, i had problem initially for few days and then it went off on its own. One thing you need to do is keep volume level around half (its still loud enough). and i am very sure its not related to ROM as it has been been fine with Stock, Aura, Alien and now CM.

How is the Sammy Galaxy S Plus? Can I overclock the Proccy in Galaxy SL, say for instance, and get the same performance?

I'm in two minds for ordering stuff from US -- How is LG Optimus 2X after Custom ROM installed ( Say, Cyanogenmod7)?

Do the bugs go away?:ashamed:

If I'm going for Galaxy S Plus would it be better to go for a Optimus 2X since it's dual core?:huh:

Wow..further confusion!! Btw, Tommy and Jainanshal, where did you buy these? Ebay?

@ChironX, I got mine from TE, but since this are imported there is no warranty I just registered mine on the Motorola UK site and it says it is in warranty till Sept 2012, but who is going to take it there to get repaired :(

Back