help me find a phone for my dad

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: the best in my budget

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: nothing as such.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen. Can also go for qwerty if my main need is satisfied

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: anything above 5 mpx.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: all

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Mails, lots of calling and bit of texting. So need a phone with HIGH BATTERY BACK - UP. That's a must.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Nope. Just good battery back up.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Lumia 800 and blackberry curve.

My father already has HTC desire S which is totally fine but he only has a main grudge that the mails do not get delivered on time. Also the battery dies near about 3 - 4 pm. ( he charges daily at night ). So now looking for something which delivers mails instantaneously and has good backup.
Please do not suggest of having 2 phones as he cant do that :(.
I heard that in BB the mails are delivered not through mobile data but through BB server directly which helps save battery. Is it true ?? Can we configure gmail in the same ? :ashamed:

What do you guys suggest ? Getting a new phone or bumping the present phone with a higher battery pack as this phone still has 1 year of insurance left and is working perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance. :)

I did suggest you get a battery pack, rather than spend money on a new phone. Yes, BB does delivers emails via their own servers, but this does not means that the battery life is any good. Like all other smartphones, if there are lots of Apps running in the background; these Apps keep trying to send/receive data in the background, which in turn leads to battery drain. Ask any BB user, if they disable the data sync. on a BB, the battery life dramatically increases. You can also try these steps listed here in the link to try to increase the battery life, although the first part sounds more like Voodoo for me! Link: [GUIDE] Double Your hTC Desire S Battery Life [WORKED WITH ME] - xda-developers

thanks for the heads up guys !! I did consider razr maxx but motorola branding is holding me. I will try to use the guide posted by @The_Falcon.
My dad says that mails deliver after a couple of hours. So what can be done about this ?? Any app which may help to sync efficiently ?

Last edited by a moderator:
so i ordered the extended battery for the phone. guys can you please help me in finding spare battery charger for htc desire s in india ??
I have searched on ebay but could not get anything :(. Alibaba and aliexpress have those kind of chargers but they charge shipping thrice the amount of the product itself USB WALL BATTERY CHARGER FOR HTC DESIRE S 2 G12 FREE SHIPPING-in Other Phones & Telecommunications Products from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com

Help :(

Back