Help me find comfortable shirts and polos for hot weather

unni

Adept
I don't really know how to explain this, but I don't find most shirts and polo shirts comfortable. I have been abroad till now in a colder climate. I was wearing polyester+spandex mix polos all the time. I recently returned to India. Now I find those polos really uncomfortable in the hot climate in Kerala. I have tried several other types of polo shirts in the past (such as pique polo), I never liked any of them. Thinking that 100% cotton would be good, I recently bought these:
So, now I am in the market for comfortable polos and half sleeve shirts that I can wear in hot weather. Please give me some tips for finding them. I really would like to avoid the buying/trying/return ritual. I have gone through that a lot in the past. Often times, when I try in store, they would seem ok, but when I wear it for a couple of hours, I end up disliking them.

Please don't tell me I am weird, lol.

You can find what you are looking for on h&m. These are lightweight cotton polos which doesn’t have that usual harsh texture.It usually have 95% cotton composition.
Go to the nearest store if you want to avoid any sizing issues.
Do checkout the materials composition before purchasing.

They also have silk polos which are the best for the hot/humid weather. It is a bit costly but you can find them often on sale.

For hot weather try merino wool. They dry a lot quicker, lighter, won't smell and need far less wash cycles than cotton. My go to fabric while traveling. Decathlon is the only store to stock them.

Among cotton, I had good experience with aristobrat and Northmist. These are my daily wear while going out.

Back