Help me find the proper RAM stick for my laptop

The HP Pavilion Gaming laptop specification sheet says. I currently have 8GB RAM.

RAM 16 GB.png

HP software says I have an 8GB Samsung 3200 MHz RAM in Memory slot 1. I would like to upgrade to 16 GB. Which RAM stick should I buy ? A link to Flipkart will be great. Please make sure that the one suggested is a compatible one.

Do I understand correctly that if I use another 8GB stick the speed will reduce to 2400 MHz ? Thanks.

Please make sure that the one suggested is a compatible one.
The only way to be 100 percent sure is to buy the exact same model. But almost all 8GB sticks should work at their rated speeds. If you are new to this stuff I suggest buy locally and have them test it for you.
Do I understand correctly that if I use another 8GB stick the speed will reduce to 2400 MHz ?
If you buy a 2400mhz ram then yes both sticks speed will decrease to 2400Mhz but if you buy a 3200Mhz ram then they should most likely work at 3200Mhz. The thing with Rams is that there is JEDEC speeds and then there are XMP speeds, the jedec speeds are always lower than XMP speeds and they only guaranty jedec speeds and xmp speeds depend on you pc and you luck.

JEDEC speeds are only 2133/2400Mhz. Anything above that is factory OC or XMP and is not guaranteed to work with every configuration.
To check what exact RAM you have and what speed it's currently running at, use CPU-Z and check SPD and memory section.

You can buy any RAM and it will work with your current RAM but only lowest rated speed of either stick will work together. So it is advised to buy a stick which is rated for same Speed and CAS Latency.

Do I understand correctly that if I use another 8GB stick the speed will reduce to 2400 MHz ? Thanks.
The dual channel will run at 2400, yes. To check what your single stick is currently running at, you can also look at Task Manager -> Performance -> Memory -> "Speed".
Which RAM stick should I buy ? A link to Flipkart will be great.
Any 8 GB DDR4-2400 stick for laptops should do the job. There seems to be a special price (₹3,225) on this one at Flipkart right now.

I just checked the image more carefully, it does say 2400Mhz dual channel, but that can't be right, if your laptop can run one stick at 3200Mhz then it can also run two of them at 3200Mhz. Please post your model laptop model no., cpu details, your ram model and its current frequency. Download CPUZ and post the screenshot of memory tab and spd tab.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

So I can buy a 3200 MHz 8GB RAM stick and it will work ? In the laptop box, it is written HP Pavilion 15 ec-2400AX. According to HP support Google-ing c06446633 will give the manual. It is a bit big in size to attach here

RAM Taskmanager.png

Download CPUZ and post the screenshot of memory tab and spd tab.

RAM CPUZ.png

Back