Budget 90k+ Help me in choosing a Laptop

Which Laptop should I buy?

• Any 3060 laptop - because 6GB of Vram would be sufficient to game atleast for 5-7 years

• Buy a laptop with 3070 - 8GB of Vram, powerful than 3060 - But would be costly by 50k

• Buy the MSI Alpha with 8GB RX6600m laptop - Live in horror of MSI's RMA stories

Results are only viewable after voting.

nsas02

Disciple
I'm currently in market looking to buy a laptop and my usage would be occasional gaming (all latest titles), office work, browsing and watching movies.
I will be using an external monitor while playing, so my resolution would be 1080/1440p - if this needs to be known.

Now, I've been doing some market research and found any laptop with 3060 to be suitable. But, I see all 3060 laptops comes with only 6GBs of Vram. I'm a kind of guy who keeps the laptop for a long time (My current Dell is 11 years old) and I don't want to change the laptop in a few years itself just because it has less vram and not sufficient in some games. I've also seen some Youtube videos where 6GB Vram was insufficient in some games.
So, when I see laptops with 3070, there is none available below 1.4/1.5L mark, which makes it expensive or beyond my budget. However, I found a laptop with 8GB of RX 6600m GPU which obviously makes sense and my hesitation in buying that is that it is from MSI. Though this model has very good +ive reviews, I still have the hesitation when I think of RMA.

So, I need some suggestions from you guys on what should I do.

Notes:

1. I understand that CPU plays some role in this choice; I will choose a 6 Core min and any 8 Core if priced nearby
2. Of course, Laptop thermals play a major role in my final choice

I agree with @Etype if you can wait for alder lake laptops you should wait otherwise from above try to get any rtx 3060 one but see for it tdp as it might reduce or decrease performance

The Dell Inspiron 15 3511 is a direct successor to the Inspiron 15 3501. The updated model features a thinner and lighter chassis with a different design that improves mobility and portability. However, the Inspiron 15 3511 has other features that make it more efficient than similar models on the market.

The laptop is available with Intel Core i3-1115G4 to Core i7-1165G7 processors with integrated UHD Graphics or Iris Xe graphics, 4GB-12GB RAM and 128GB-512GB NVMe SSD. Regardless of the configuration, the laptop has a 1080p IPS panel, but it can be equipped with a touch screen as an option. We received a model with a Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM (single-channel mode), a 256 GB SSD and a 1080p touch display. The cost of such a model is only about $550.

Or pay your attention on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5
Processor: Intel Core i5 1035G1, 4 cores, 1 - 3.6 GHz (up to Intel Core i7 at maximum)
RAM: 8 GB (up to 16 GB maximum)
Storage: 512 GB SSD (up to 1 TB maximum)
Video card: Intel UHD (NVIDIA N17S-G3 in the maximum configuration)
Display: 14" IPS touchscreen, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 60Hz
Dimensions (H × W × D): 20.8 x 321.5 x 217.5 mm
Weight: 1.65 kg

If you are into occasional gaming, then even 3060 will work, but you will need to lower down settings/play in medium settings etc for higher graphics demanding games. Now a days even 2K display laptop are there with good refresh rate. Apart from that, different 3060 or 3070 ones have different watt power, so do check which is giving higher watt in 3060.

If you are into occasional gaming, then even 3060 will work, but you will need to lower down settings/play in medium settings etc for higher graphics demanding games. Now a days even 2K display laptop are there with good refresh rate. Apart from that, different 3060 or 3070 ones have different watt power, so do check which is giving higher watt in 3060.
Thanks man. I already Bought the Asus ROG StrixG15 Advantage Edition and I'm loving it.

Hi @nsas02 , what's your review after few weeks of usage?
I am also looking to buy asus rog strix or zephyrus series and I am confused about getting 2021 models or wait for 2022 models.
Hi, I've a positive feedback after my weeks of usage. I'm really liking the laptop, its performance and screen. I do miss the camera though.
2022 may be priced more currently as they've been introduced recently.

Back