Help me in selecting i5 processor.

nirvanasoul

Disciple
i got two processor which have in my budget,but i little confuse which processor is best for me.
1 i5 750
2 i5 670

i mostly use computer to play hard core games 60%,10% Music & entertainment,30% in making programs like c++,java,SOL,web designing etc...

i5 750 have 4core and 4 thread but no hyper threading technology and clock speed @2.66Ghz after TB Technology @3.20Ghz and 8Mb l3 cache but in i5 670 2 core 4 thread and have hyper threading technology clock speed also higher than i5 750 it has @3.46GHz after TB Technology 3.73GHz but l3 cache is 4MB.
Q1.I have GTS 250 1Gb it support both processor?
Q2.which processor is best for my above requirement?
Q3.which processor give better performance ?
Q4.Have any disadvantage for eg. over heating over power consumption etc...
Q5.i5 750 have 4c/4t no H T technology in i5 670 2c/4t bout have H T technology can you explain me please!

Thanks in advance
To My all brother And Sister's:thanx::thanx:

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

The i-5 750 is a true quad core and offers much better value than the i-5 670.

Q1.I have GTS 250 1Gb it support both processor? --> Yes, both will support.
Q2.which processor is best for my above requirement? --> i5 750
Q3.which processor give better performance ? --> i5 750
Q4.Have any disadvantage for eg. over heating over power consumption etc... --> No over heating issues
Q5.i5 750 have 4c/4t no H T technology in i5 670 2c/4t bout have H T technology can you explain me please! --> Hyper-threading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)

Between what is the rest of ur specs? It will help members to provide better suggesions.

i5 750 wins handsdown !

well if you will be upgrading the cpu in a year then get i5 670 ! else 4 cores are better than 2 !

plus you can use the money saved to get a better cooler and overclock the 750 to say 4ghz :)

Four physical cores are always better, and taking a look at the benchmarks on all of the sites, the i5-750 should be your choice.

^^+1, more physical cores any days, in fact in gaming HT is not a big boost. Go for more cores.

HT in brief you can understand that will only help when actual physical cores are free(not doing any task) which will not be true while gaming.

(can also think it as kind of multi-threading at hardware level)

I suggest go for an AMD Phenom II processor bru see because the LGA 1156 socket goes out the window next year around March so you cannot think about a decent upgrade structure either, but in the end your choice :) :( and the price of the

Phenom II 965 BE ~ 9.5 K

Phenom II 955 BE ~ 8.5 K

Link which will help you

techPowerUp! News :: Intel Sandy Bridge to Introduce New Sockets, Chipsets, Reorganize Platform Further Intel's LGA 1156/1366 soon to be obsolete

Also the motherboards for an AMD setup will be marginally cheaper

Back