Graphic Cards Help me on buying a graphic card.

I believe there are tons of threads like this, I have gone through most of them but still unable to make my mind.

I want to buy XFX GTX 275, looks like it is not available. Only Palit, MSI ones are available, which I am unable to trust. Now there are new cards like GTX 460, 470 and GTX 480.

What is difference between 400 series cards and 200 series cards.?

Are other brands for GTX 275 good?

My budget is 20K max and I want to buy a graphic card which I wont need to update for next 3-4 yrs.

if u have 20k budget then get a GTX 460 . it will cost around 14k and little bit faster than 275 with dx11 support .

xfx is not making 4xx series cards for nvidia so u have to buy other brands .. get zotac imo , it has 5 years warranty..

why dont u trust msi lol . msi zotac etc have better after sales support in india compared to xfx .
edit : if u are buying card for the config in ur siggy then u should upgrade processor also . it will bottleneck any good card .

ya upgrade that cpu 1st ...sell the old one in members market

your mobo?

ur monitor's recommended resolution is 1440 x 900

so wait for one months and buy a gts 450 or grab a gtx 460 .

What PSU are you using ?

Dont forget to add a good enough PSU with whatever card you decide to go with, make sure you have room for that within the 20K. I am assuming here you dont have a decent one in the first place. If you do, great.

First of all thanks to all. I am looking for more suggestions.

I am also upgrading my PSU, i have separate budget for it. I will buy Corsair TX850.

Well, right now, I am not planning to upgrade my CPU coz I am able to play most new games at 1400*900 resolution (e.g ME 2, Dead Space etc ) without any problems, which is enough for me.

I will upgrade my monitor to 24".

so can you suggest the best graphic according to my CPU ?

I am going to do all my upgrades in diwali, so I have enough time on my plate.

Back